The Game of Kings OOC

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Ringmereth said:
stonegod: I have to run at the moment, but I'll take a look at your revised background later today. The changes sound good.
Cool beans.

I've currently decided not to tweak Vhir's Con (don't want to be too fragile), but totally forgot about flaws. May make a small modification if I can find something worthwile that fits.

wikkawikkawa

First Post
IRT Jackalope...
Gnome Swordcatcher: This short, heavy sword resembles a broad-bladed shortsword with two heavy prongs extending up from the hilt. These prongs are used to help catch and disarm opponents' weapons. When using a gnome swordcatcher, you gain a +4 Bonus on attack rolls made to disarm an opponent (including the roll to avoid being disarmed yourself if such an attempt fails).

Also note the Gnome Battlecloak...
Gnome Battlecloak - This exotic shield is not a shield in the typical sense, but rather a special cloak that can be used to foil an opponent's attacks. Since the cloak is not really a shield, it confers no shield bonus to a wearers who do not have the appropriate exotic shield proficiency. You cannot use a gnome battle cloak to make a shield bash attack, but a proficient user can use it to make a disarm attempt. When using a gnome battlecloak, you gain a +4 bonus on opposed attack rolls made to disarm an enemy (including the roll to avoid being disarmed yourself if such an attempt fails). When used in combat, a gnome battlecloak occupies the same space as a light shield does, allowing you to carry other items in that hand but not wield a weapon at the same time. Gnome battlecloaks are retrieved and readied just like other shields.

Personality:
[sblock]Personality: Faer speaks in a rather enthusiastic tone of voice, seemingly always cheery despite the situation he may be in. The gnome also likes to make little jabs at other people’s egos, the more deflated it is the better. Most people realize that he’s merely joking with them, like a gnome should be…until you make him angry. While idle, the gnome busies himself with preening and primping himself to keep a noble appearance. During combat, however, his personality changes completely. The warrior will make use of his Swordcatcher or Battle Cloak and then taunt them and make insulting jeers while slowly cutting them into submission. Once combat is over, he resumes his kinder etiquette and proceeds to wipe the blood off of himself.[/sblock]

And this should be the final draft of the character sheet.
[sblock]Name: Faer “Cloak” Ennenn

“Who says a Gnome can’t put up a fight? Just remember, my sword arm is level with your crotch.”

Class: Fighter 4
Race: Gnome
Hit Dice 4d10+12 (44)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 20 ft.
Armor Class: 18 (10 Base + 4 Armor + 3 Dexterity + 2 Shield + 1 Size)
Base Attack Bonus: +4
Grapple: +1
Attacks: Swordcatcher +7 (1d4+4/19-20/x2/slashing) or Light Crossbow (1d6/19-20/x2/80 ft.)
Full Attack: Swordcatcher +7 (1d4+4/19-20/x2/slashing) or Light Crossbow (1d6/19-20/x2/80 ft.)
Face/Reach: 5x5/5 ft.
Special Qualities: Gnome Traits (Exceptions: Proficiency with Hooked Hammer switched with Swordcatcher)
Special Attacks:
Saves: Fortitude +7, Reflex +4, Will +1
Abilities: Strength 13, Dexterity 16, Constitution 16, Intelligence 14, Wisdom 10, Charisma 11
Skills: Climb 7, Intimidate 7, Jump 7, Swim 7
Feats: Combat Expertise, Exotic Shield Proficiency: Gnome Battle Cloak, Improved Disarm, Weapon Focus: Gnome Swordcatcher, Weapon Specialization: Gnome Swordcatcher
Languages: Common, Gnome, Dwarven, Goblin
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Deity: None
Height: 3’5”
Weight: 45 lbs.

Inventory: 306 gold
+1 Gnome Swordcatcher (1318)
+1 Chain Shirt (1200)
+1 Gnome Battle Cloak (1005)
Dagger x2 (2)
Light Crossbow (18)
20 Crossbow Bolts (2)
Backpack (2)
- Sunrod x5 (10)
- Crowbar (2)
- Silk Rope (50 ft; 10)
- Grappling Hook (1)
Belt Pouch x2 (2)
- Cure Light Wounds Potion x3 (150)
- Oil of Grease x3 (150)
[/sblock]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
I'm pretty much designing Morika to be a front-line combatant, something the party seems to be in dire need of. Most of her spells are designed to aid her in that respect, and her shifting abilities encourage it as well. She can heal, however, and would make a decent scout.

James Heard

Explorer
Basically I designed my character around Joe Hallenbeck from The Last Boy Scout, with a sort of All Quiet On The Western Front theme going on...but I'm debating what Dragen might look like if I changed races up a little, kept the AQotWF theme and went a little bit more out of my normal range than a Bruce Willis movie. I'll look in on it tonight and if things change they'll be reflected in the character post.

stonegod

Added a flaw (non-combantant) for Vhir (makes sence due to his fraility, I see the flaw more as physically inept than philosophically opposed to violence). For both Vhir and Jhen, added a note calling out their primary and secondary roles (and added an alternative role Vhir could play if he changed hits feats around [i.e., if inquisitiveness was of no use in this storyline, I would probably design him a bit differently]).

Also added some recent and older edtions of the Korrenberg chronicle and Sharn Inquisitive to Vhir's inventory; he likes to read in his spare time.

Bront

The man with the probe
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
I'm pretty much designing Morika to be a front-line combatant, something the party seems to be in dire need of. Most of her spells are designed to aid her in that respect, and her shifting abilities encourage it as well. She can heal, however, and would make a decent scout.
Carver is quite capable in Melee combat with adamantine armor and a mourningstar, but yeah, I can see a need for melee.

MadMaxim

First Post
History of Partash – Kalashtar Cleric of the Path of Light

Background: Partash grew up in the city of Sharn where he was tutored by the wise Havakhad. In the kalashtar community of the Overlook district, Partash was taught how to focus and meditate by using il-Yannah as his guide. He learned to master the strange divine energy that emerged from il-Yannah and shape into positive energy capable of healing wounds and bright destructive rays of light. Havakhad was impressed with his student and thought he would make an excellent lightbringer, but fate would it otherwise…

Partash’ parents were shadow walkers, the only line of defense against the encroaching Dreaming Dark. They also fought other manifestations of evil and it was against one of these that they lost their lives. Their deaths only motivated Partash into walking in his parents’ footsteps and become a shadow walker himself. However, he had a different point of view. In order to defeat your enemy, you would have to know as much as possible about it. He locked himself away in a room with as many books about possible threats to the kalashtar as he could carry and started studying. He only came out to eat. It was like that every day for an entire year, before Partash emerged from his chamber with enough knowledge to fight and defeat all the enemies of his people. This turn of events saddened Havakhad, but he knew that there was no stopping him, so he let him go.

Partash now walks the lands of Khorvaire to battle all manifestations of evil but particularly the agents of the Dreaming Dark. He searches for artifacts powerful enough to take the battle to Riedra and the Inspired, but he knows all too well that he has to become much more powerful to achieve such a goal. Therefore, he has taken to adventuring in order to gather knowledge and power. He does his best to conceal his kalashtar traits, because the best defense against the Dreaming Dark is secrecy. Partash goes by the alias of Parlinor Tashlov, a human priest of the Sovereign Host.

Description: Partash is a 57-year-old kalashtar, but he appears young by human standards. He’s tall (6’1”) and slightly-built, making it obvious to anyone who sees him that he didn’t spend all his time practicing swordplay but was more likely buried beneath piles of books. His skin is rather pale which only goes to prove that he hasn’t been outdoors a lot. His hazel eyes always appear calm and determined even if everything around him seems to be pure chaos. His short black hair gives the viewer a look at his fine facial features which appear almost as fine as those on an Aerenal elf. His voice is calm even in the heat of battle and nothing really seems to be able to surprise him.

Partash is a kind and caring person and truly a champion of the Path of Light. Where others of his kind found a way to perfection through meditation and communication with il-Yannah, he found true divine power. He’s a humble person but always ready to dispense advice if the situation calls for it and if he thinks that his perspective is worth taking into consideration. He never speaks before having thought everything through and never makes rash decisions. When all that is said, Partash is a courageous person and will fight for the good of all, but his foremost enemy is the Dreaming Dark of the Inspired of Riedra. When he fights the agents of the Dreaming Dark, his nice façade seems to crack and his anger burns through. He seems to become a different person, but it’s really his quori spirit showing its true hatred for its enemies. He will stop at almost nothing to destroy them and their plans. He knows full well the quori spirit inhabiting the human vessel will just posses a new body, but that doesn’t stop him from destroying their links to Eberron.

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm...as cool as the game looks, and as much as I like my character concept for it...I think I shall pull out. I'm in a lot of PBP's already, and I had no idea so many people would apply for this one. I'd almost feel bad if I got in, thus meaning someone else didn't. And given the quality of the proposals so far, the odds of my making it in at all seem fairly limited.

So, while it's still gentlemanly, and not at all cowardly :), I shall withdraw from the running. Sorry, Bront...I really did like the idea of having a pair of warforged. Maybe next time. :)

Thanks for the consideration, GM's, and I hope everyone who gets in has a great game.

stonegod

W/ Shayuri out, not sure if we have raw arcane damage anymore besides Vhir's eldritch blasts. I think Glasia/Bobitron is going less of the arcane boomage, unless I am mistaken. As stated previously, I can tone down the inquisitive elements to assist in arcane dept (summon swarm is area affect already) if that is what the party needs (mostly feat changes, swap in Concentration for Gather Info). Still will keep the face elements, however, as that is still a niche needing filling and works well with is manipulate to stay alive background.

Hope I am not coming across as indecisive; the goal of these thoughts is to have a useful character while having a fun concept at the same time. Any feedback welcome.

Last edited:

Remove ads