Strahd's "The lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" CLOSED

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Keldar had kept an unnerving silence since Atzil mentioned, the night before, that the minions of the old ones were involved in this adventure. Memories of pain and suffering had tormented him that evening, and fortunately, the night's embrace had appeased his sorrows.

Keldar woke with a renewed determination. They must not succeed., he kept repeating to himself. He met his comrades silently that morning; acknowledging them with only a nod.
After placing a coin in the stone shrine, he looked at the assembled adventurers: "Let us go now, and think of these things as we ride. The day's events will likely affect our decision." He pauses a few seconds to request a safe journey from Fharlanghn and adds: "I tell you now, so you are not surprised later: I will show no mercy for any follower of the old one, for He has wronged me." Keldar almost has difficulty pronouncing those words, suppressing the surge of anger. "However, I have no enmity towards the Ketties and will give them a chance to withdraw with honor, should they cross our path."

He then signals his horse to move ahead.

OCC 1:
I updated my character sheet and subtracted the 1gp offering to the shrine

OCC 2:
I kowtow in appreciation of your patience during my vacation and I'm thrilled to see that the game is moving along so well. Thanks Strahd for NPCing Keldar while I was gone ;)

Saracor

Explorer
Garon finishes readying his horse, a large, chestnut, Furyondy bred steed with a definate look of confidence. He ties up the last of his gear and supplies and adjusts his armor before getting up on his horse. The large beast seemingly unburdened by the added weight looks eager to get moving.
"Time is at hand again Arodan, and we will soon be on the road." Garon says to his horse as he settles into the saddle.

To the Captain of the guard Garon snaps a crisp Salute, "We shall not fail in this mission, Sir. The forces of evil shall not triumph in this fight, I have given my oath to stop that from happening."

To the other Lords present Garon bows, "Good Sirs, with the blessings of the Gods we will succeed in our mission. I thank you for the opportunity to further serve his Majesty and hope it is not long before we meet again."

As Garon moves his horse out down the road, he pauses to give a coin and a prayer to Fharlanghn and then clutches a small symbol of Heironeous around his neck, sits in thought for a moment and then continues along with the others.

wmasters said:
"Say, does he have a name?" he asks Atzil before they head off.

Bonzo, that's the name I think, take care of him, the children in the court used to ride on top of him, I know there is a chance that it will be his final journey, but I trust you to handle him and bring him back safe.

Second Waterday, Coldeven. 12/3/600

It's a four day journey to Baranford, the place you need to arrive and take a boat to Caronis, the capital of one of Furyondy's provinces – the Duchy of the Reach.
The royal Highway is well paved and a busy traffic line, 24 hours a day, though in the night the crowdedness is less than in the morning.
There are farms, vast fields and inns all the way from Chendl to Baranford, so each night you can sleep comfortably, though the prices differ from one another. (check ooc spoiler)
The first day you traveled in rain but in the 3 days to follow it seems that Atzil's prayers for sun fulfilled, the landscape changed from plain grass to bushy hills and then back again to plains, you spot flocks of birds travel the sky and wild beasts graze the land around you. in the last day you enter to a region with vast fields of grapes that surround the highway, the fields stretch from side to side, no wonder that the Duchy is known for her finest wine all over Furyondy.
The town of Baranford export the wine all over Furyondy and using the Velverdyva to far lands aswell, you enter to the lazy and serene town at dawn, people wonder the streets, the pubs and inns are open, laugh and music can be heard and the folk around here looks quite happy , the folk is mixed, from Oeridian humans to rock gnomes from Highfolk and Halfling from the valleys in the north.

[sblock=ooc]
Good inn – 2 gold
Common inn – 7 silver
Poor inn – 2 silver
The prices include food
4 days have passed, I assume the horses grazed the land, so you didn't waste the hay

If you want to interact with each other more, go ahead, you got 4 days for that.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

wmasters

First Post
Dismounting in Baranford, Turo stretches his legs, stiff after his long journey despite the comforts of the inns overnight. "I guess we should find a stable for Bonzo and the crew, and see about securing passage on a boat for the journey down to Caronis. Perhaps after that, there might be time to enjoy some of Baranford's finest wine, while we're here."

OOC: 8 gold deducted from my character sheet for accomodation over the four days.

Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
As all the travellers have noticed, Keldar is a silent individual and clearly an introvert. He seems determined, almost looking forward to battling any follower of the old one. When asked, he speaks of his background. He doesn't go into too much detail, but you all learn that he was mentally controlled to do their bidding and that the tatooes on his body mark him as one of their thralls. He has chosen not to have the tatooes magically removed, so he never forgets the pain they put him through.

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

Allyra opted for a comfortable room, where available. Even though, she doesn't mind sleeping outside, she vastly prefers some more appropriate places of rest.

When the group sits together in Baranford, Allyra brings up the topic of their mission.

“So, are we going to figure out some plan what to do when we are there? Especially, how we might avoid being spotted by the other groups, before we can catch sight of them. It would be useful to get the jump on them, whether the meeting will be a friendly or not so friendly, don't you agree?”

Saracor

Explorer
Garon is a lively companion on the road. He seems at home being on a journey and has many stories to tell about his time in the army. He is very serious about his hatred towards Iuz and what it has done to his lands and this mission seems to be of great importance to him to be able to strike a blow at those forces.

Garon is happy to spend the evenings in the inns talking and drinking in the common room. His tastes for brew are fairly common, ales and beers, whatever the local stuff is. He's not one for more expensive drinks, preferring a bit more quantity over quality but never to excess. Given the opportunity, he'll spend the night in a more comfortable room but when on the road he's never put out by sleeping on the ground.

Once in Baranford and talk turns to the mission at hand, he'll lend his two copper
"If we new the territory better I would say to travel by night but with the terrain and our lack of familiarity, that would not be advisable." Garon adds.
"I, for one, am no scout, nor do I have the ability to spy from the air. That would be our best avenue if it is available." Garon says, looking at the rest of the group for any takers.

Meanwhile

somewhere in the southern Yatils.
Flee to the darkness!
Shouts the priestess to the evil creature, the creature frowns and disappear into the darkness of the night
Belfor, check him up … he lies over there
replies one of the panicked knights.
The priestess hurries to the knight that lies down on the ground
No!! Belfor … he killed him she cries
The tall knight kneels down beside his friend and whispers a quite prayer
We can't leave him here, we must burry him.
No, not in this cursed ground, carry him to the river
She says and sobs
Let the stream take him to a safer land.

Back in Baranford
Scarfs!, scrafs! Made of silk and wool, only 3 silver
A local woman, cleary from a mixed Oeridian and Flan origin, passes your way and tries to sell scarfs to the passers-by.

devrimk

First Post
Atesh Yakhar, Baklunish Sorcerer

Atesh replies to Garon:
"I think my raven can spot them before they noticed us. If we are unlucky, Cleric of Hextor knows we're here..." he grins evilly, "...he'll wish we weren't. For Ketties and Velunas it's more problematic. Anybody thinks we can find peaceful solution?"

In the street when he sees the scarf selling woman he wants to buy an orange scarf.
"Hey Allyra, I think this scarf to go well with your hair. If you accept it I want to give a gift for you."

Last edited:

Remove ads