Strahd's "The lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" CLOSED

Yair

Community Supporter
Maor, Aasimir Favored Soul

Maor proved a cheery companion on the road, always happy to chat and with nearly always with a smile on his face. He shares what seems the overriding sentiment: the Old One must be given no quarter.

The journey was less than comfortable for him - although a soldier, he is not well accustomed to riding. But he took the swift riding in good spirit, for he is eager to reach the mountains.

Upon arriving, he smiles and nods at Turo's suggestion, but is caught up in the discussion before having a chance to proceed to it. Oh well, the rest will have to wait...

On the matter of strategy, Maor nods in agreement with the other's words. "The raven could prove most effective. But still, it is best to have someone scout ahead as well. Is there none among us with such skill?"

Thinking of Garl Glittergold's prophecty he adds "... 'the northern passage greet only the pure evil' would mean that some great evil lies there in wait to greet the Old One's servants, I think, and should they reach it before us we shall fail - time, see, is working against us. Holy Garl clearly beckons us to hurry to the north-eastern passages, to where the Old One's servants are headed."

[sblock=OOC]paid 8 gp for room and boarding, 1 gp for Fharlanghan's blessing. (good inns to avoid theft - he ain't squeamish, but has found from experience that common thiefs are common in common inns.[/sblock]

devrimk said:
In the street when he sees the scarf selling woman he wants to buy an orange scarf.
"Hey Allyra, I think this scarf to go well with your hair. If you accept it I want to give a gift for you."

The woman pulls out a beautiful orange silk scarf from her collection and replies with a blush.
3 silver kind sir.

In the west side of the city you can locate a big harbor, the Furyondian side is a sandy ledge with piers and docks for all kinds of boats and ships.
Across the 500 meter of the wide Velverdyva river and the harbor is the Velunian side, a rocky high cliff, with seagulls, pelicans and other birds nesting in small nooks.

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

Allyra smiles as Atesh buys the scarf for her.

“Oh, thank you very much. That's really nice of you!”

She pulls out her mirror to inspect the color match for a moment, and then puts it back into her bag.

“Yes, indeed. You have a good eye for color, Atesh.”

wmasters

First Post
Hearing the suggestion of a scout, Turo mentions "The raven sounds like a good idea to me. I am afraid that my skills are not in scouting at all though, indeed the hedges on the road may obscure my vision!"

Turning to Maor, "An interesting interpretation certainely. It may well be the best path for us to proceed to the more norterly points initially. Since it seems unlikely that we will avoid these entrances altogether, I would agree that this is probably the best plan. Perhaps we might find more people in this good town who can tell us more about the area to help inform us."

Turo Knowledge (1d20+1=15)

Turo as a gnome that lived not far from the lower slopes of the south eastern Yatils, near the town of Highfolk knows that the Mountains west of Highfolk is impassible,
Deep ravines and high peaks blocked the pass even to the well trained rangers.
as for the north eastern Yatils, not far from the origin of the Velverdyva, where it is suspected that Iuz's party will take a route, stories tell that the hills and Mountains over there are treacherous, Humanoids roam the land and clans of giants have been spotted by fleeing expeditions.
As for the southern route, from where Atzil suggested you travel you can't recall anything special.

check ooc thread for some explanation - HERE

Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:
Turo Knowledge (1d20+1=15)

Turo as a gnome that lived not far from the lower slopes of the south eastern Yatils, near the town of Highfolk knows that the Mountains west of Highfolk is impassible,
Deep ravines and high peaks blocked the pass even to the well trained rangers.
as for the north eastern Yatils, not far from the origin of the Velverdyva, where it is suspected that Iuz's party will take a route, stories tell that the hills and Mountains over there are treacherous, Humanoids roam the land and clans of giants have been spotted by fleeing expeditions.
As for the southern route, from where Atzil suggested you travel you can't recall anything special .

Keldar thinks out loud: "Hmm, my instincts tell me that we should follow our ennemies using the south eastern Yatils path, and strike when they least expect it. One question remains though: why are they choosing the most difficult and dangerous path? They must know something we don't." He pauses a few seconds to think. "However, all seems to indicate that we should head south...but they're already 1 week ahead of us..." He pauses again. "Given the Gnome-god's vision and all we have learned, I say we head south. What say you all?"

Yair

Community Supporter
Maor, Aasimir Favored Soul

Steve Gorak said:
Keldar thinks out loud: "Hmm, my instincts tell me that we should follow our ennemies using the south eastern Yatils path, and strike when they least expect it. One question remains though: why are they choosing the most difficult and dangerous path? They must know something we don't." He pauses a few seconds to think. "However, all seems to indicate that we should head south...but they're already 1 week ahead of us..." He pauses again. "Given the Gnome-god's vision and all we have learned, I say we head south. What say you all?"
"You mean travel by the southern route? Certainly, I agree. But as I said, I think we should skip the southermost sites and head for the northern ones. That is what I make out of Garl's words."

"But Turo is right - time is working against us, it would seem. Perhaps it would be wisest to seek out sea transport first, and then perhaps more information, before finishing our plans?"

wmasters

First Post
Listening to the group, Turo turns "I don't think we've got time to hang around, certainely. From what I know of the area, the path through the mountains that the followers of Iuz are presumably taking is a tough old journey. We'd be better off heading up the southern path. Heading to the northern entrances first might be a good idea to catch them though, as you say."

Baranford

There is no problem to find a ship that will take you south to Caronis. There are plenty of travelers along the Velverdyva river, usually merchants, and you can find sailors and captains along the harbor's pubs and inns.
It's a day (12 hours aprox.) travel by river to Caronis. The main sit of the duke and the duchy's administrative buildings.

I assume you enquiry about traveling to Caronis – The lower price you get is 3 silver each and 5 more to the horse, you'll get free fresh water aboard "Ony" – a ship that transfer large amounts of grain to Highfolk and back to southern Furyondy, now the ship is empty, traveling back to the south.

[sblock=ooc]
If you want to gather info from the people about the area while drinking finest wine , just post IC message.
otherwise let me know and I'll proceed to Caronis and Veluna.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases