Strahd's "The lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" CLOSED

Saracor

Explorer
Garon Shieldsforth, Oeridian Fighter

"By the gods!" Garon exclaims as he takes a step back away from the boy. "These fell creatures cannot be allowed to harrass travellers! They shall learn their lesson today!"

Garon steps to one side as Keldar loosens his chain, not wanting to get into his range of effect, and pulls his sword and grabs for his shield off his back.

OCC
[sblock]
Garon will draw his sword as he moves towards the younger creature. He will unstrap his shield from his back and put it on his arm. He'll advance towards the younger if it looks like Keldar can trip him up, if not he'll hang back a moment to see what the party will do and if riding up would be a better choice due to the distance.
[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

“Well, looks like they are beyond help already...” Allyra comments the sudden change of the situation, then the young woman dismounts and pulls out a small piece of cured leather from her pouch and begins an incantation.

OOC: Dismount; Cast extended Mage Armor. And why don't you just take an L for Allyra, so she doesn't have to look so out of place on the map. ;)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OCC: OK, I just saw the map. Keldar will take a 5 ft step, if necessary, to strike the creature. Doesn't an AoO occur out of initiative sequence (when the "young man" turned around to flee)?

Steve Gorak said:
OCC: OK, I just saw the map. Keldar will take a 5 ft step, if necessary, to strike the creature. Doesn't an AoO occur out of initiative sequence (when the "young man" turned around to flee)?
Yep, you'll get the trip AoO so roll the dice,
now I wait for Maor and Turo to act and I'll post.
TO ALL - you can post in the ooc thread by the way - I check it all the time when I log in.

Last edited:

wmasters

First Post
Turo stands amongst his allies and mutters a prayer to Garl Glittergold to Bless him and his companions in the coming battle, sacrificing his prepared Sanctuary spell, then heads towards the path the young man ran down (reaching J16 with 20ft movement)

Yair

Community Supporter
Maor, Aasimir Favored Soul

Maor stops in amazement as the child runs off and he witnesses the horrid transformations. He grows almost taller as he gets angry. "Wretched fiends!" he utters with disgust, and starts incanting a spell.

OOC: Maor casts Summon Monster II, to summon a Celestial Flying Bee to behind the cart (to strike at the old woman, hopefully). It will take me till my next turn to finish the casting.

"I knew it!" Keldar says to no one in particular. "Spread out, we're vulnerable to an area attack!" He shouts to his companions.
He quickly reacts and launch his spiked chain at the fleeing young man, the chain wraps itself around the man, Keldar then pulls as hard as he can, but the thin man seems to be very agile and balance himself, he grasp the chain with two clawed hands and pulls it in the other way, Keldar looses his balance and bumped into the ground (Tripped).
The older man, now as a horribly Human Rat hybrid stands crooked on top of the cart, he surveys the surrounding and the young man that tries to flee, he jumps up and down when he sees Keldar falling.
Turo then advance to where the dirt trail start, chanting all the way for his god to bless his friends.
The young Ratman, tries to free himself from the chain, but although on ground, Keldar hold the chain firmly and negates the man's attempts.
"Wretched fiends!" Maor utters with disgust, and starts incanting a spell.
(summon monster , the cart is way way far compare to the spell's range).

"We can't help them, I think."
Says Atesh and rides into the wheat field (I9, I assumed that riding to J9 will provoke an AoO from the WereRat so I changed the location, because of the fence), he concentrates on the cart, a bright yellow ball of fire with reddish tail appears in his right hand, with a couple of words the ball flies to the cart, a huge explosion follows a cloud of fire, sends flocks of birds from the nearby trees to the sky, the older man covered with flames flies like a bolt in the air and lands somewhere in the field, the hay on the cart, the trees and the wheat catch on fire.
The young man keeps struggling with the chain, trying to free himself, in a quick react and last effort, Keldar pulls his chain again, now the Ratman losses his balance and falls to the ground.
“Well, looks like they are beyond help already...”
Allyra comments and casts a spell, she feels an energy field around her
The Ratwoman is nowhere to be seen, although you spot the wheat moving it could be the wind or the fireball's shockwave.
"By the gods!" Garon exclaims as he takes a step back away from the boy. "These fell creatures cannot be allowed to harrass travellers! They shall learn their lesson today!"
seeing Keldar's unsuccessful attempt to cause damage to the creature Garon leads Arodan into the field and around the cypress and strike the creature in the shoulder.

[sblock=actions]
Round1:
Keldar touch attack (Success) / Trip attack (Fail)
Young Ratman opposed trip attack (Success)
Older Ratman Ready action
Turo Bless 50 ft.
Younger man – Tries to escape from the chain (Fail)
Maor – Summon monster II (check spell range)
Athesh – Fireball
Keldar (Prone) – Trip attack (Success) the young man is prone
Allyra – Extended mage armor
Mature Ratwoman – Unknown action
Garon – melee attack vs, Young Ratman (Success)

Bless +1 on attack rolls and saves. you are all in the range of the spell except Atesh.

ooc - Easy on me and roll the dice.
[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

Being a little underequipped for long range battles, Allyra holds the reins of her horse and waits.

OOC: Delay.

Remove ads