Did You Marry a Gamer?

Did You Marry a Gamer?

• Yes, I'm so incredibly lucky!

Votes: 92 36.4%
  • No, but my spouse is wonderful anyway!

Votes: 101 39.9%
  • I'm single but I wanted to check this thread out.

Votes: 60 23.7%

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
My wife is not a gamer, but has played an occasional one shot changeling or D&D.
she listens to and helps plan most of my campaigns.
Our wedding didn't involve gaming directly, but the groomsmen and I broke out a couple of magic decks and played a full game in the priests office while the rest of the party was taking pictures.

Stormborn

Explorer
My wife and I met gaming (well technically we had met before, but only in passing). Our best friend freaked out when we started dating, so afraid that we were going to ruin the group and she wouldn't have anyone to play with anymore. I proposed six months later, we married about nine months after that. We went to San Francisco on our honeymoon, and mainly went to game/comic/toy stores and....ate and stuff. We have been married 2 and 1/2 years now. She wasn't a comic reader when I met her. She is now. My darling Janica does nothing lest she does it all the way. She's not obsessive, she's passionate.

Kanegrundar

Explorer
Haven't married her yet (I will on July 8 though!), but she's not a gamer. She'll play the occasional boardgame (her favorite is Zombies!!!), but has no interest in RPG's. In a way, it's nice as it gives us an excuse to have our time apart every now and again.

Edit: The wedding won't have any gaming going on at it other than maybe a little Strat-O-Matic baseball while we're waiting for the pictures to be taken.

Seule

Explorer
I met my wife at a convention (I was running a table she played at). We met again at a party a year later, and almost at the same time I joined a game she was in.
We've been together ever since, and out 8th anniversary is in about a month.
There was no RPG theme at the wedding out of deference to the parents, but all our friends are gamers.

--Seule

dpmcalister

Explorer
My wife's not a gamer and, in fact, can't stand it! She doesn't mind me gaming though and I even get let out to a couple of events a year ;)

Festivus

First Post
My wife doesn't like to play roleplaying games. She will play board games or card games but no imaginary play. When the kids get old enough there will be gaming... oh yes, there will be gaming indeed.

What was neat about our wedding was that the minister who married us mentioned during the ceremony that my wife needed to let me play my roleplaying games :)

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Yup. I married a gamer. Our meeting was gaming related, though it was two years before we actually gamed together.

Our wedding didn't have any gamer themes to it but we had a lot of gamers at it (and we gamed at my bachelor party). Her entire online gaming group were there along with a good chunk of our local gaming buddies.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases