Did You Marry a Gamer?

Did You Marry a Gamer?

• Yes, I'm so incredibly lucky!

Votes: 92 36.4%
  • No, but my spouse is wonderful anyway!

Votes: 101 39.9%
  • I'm single but I wanted to check this thread out.

Votes: 60 23.7%

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
My wife began gaming after we got married. She enjoys it as a social thing more than the gaming, so hasn't played since our group of friends who gamed moved away.

She does understand my enjoyment of the game and has been supportive of my desire to play.

Kid Socrates

First Post
Didn't vote because we're not married -- together for over five years, but not yet married. I got her into gaming, and she's as passionate about it as I am. She also puts up with my twenty-minute drives to Olathe to hit the best gaming store without complaint, and even owns more dice than I do. I am a lucky guy. :)

Daijin

First Post
My wife never gamed...i introduced 2nd edition D&D to her, at my best friend's house. She was hooked. She was not my wife at the time.

6 months later..we got married....now been happily married for 17 years :D

We still play D&D 3.5, homebrew.

Laurel

First Post
Married a gamer though we didn't really play in a game together till after we were already engaged. He will always be more into Computer Games and I will always be more into Pen&Paper, but it gives us a balance of both.

dragonlady

First Post
sniffles said:
I'm not married to a gamer - yet. But we are engaged. He's the one who first got me involved in gaming. :)

I was married, had my first child when the first box set of Dungeon and Dragons came out way back in the late 70's. :) I got interested in it but husband did not. Never has, never will. But I did introduce my son to the game and he has enjoyed it since he was 12. Now he is 36 and still enjoying it, as I am. :D

LiKral

First Post
I tried to get my first boyfriend into RPGs but he just couldn't get into it despite being a bit of a geek. But I met my current long-term boyfriend at a D&D game! However, not married so couldn't really vote in the poll.

There are a heck of a lot more males than females on these boards, right? I guess the probability of getting a gamer boyfriend is better than that of getting a gamer girlfriend statistically.

My wife doesn't game... or at least, she doesn't game with me.

We have vastly divergent gaming styles, so it never works out well when we game together. On the other hand, she is completely understanding of my desire to game and makes no fuss at all about the two days every other week that I disappear for my game.

Later
silver

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
A few observations:

The most powerful possession the game can ever know is the Ring of DM Control, always worn (and occasionally used) by the DM's spouse.

Quote from a friend: "The worst thing about living with the DM is you have to sleep with someone who just killed off your character."

And, my other half has gone from being a non-gamer to a gamer to a part-time gamer over the course of 15+ years. Still can't talk her into a 2-week GenCon road trip, though. ;)

Lanefan

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Kid Socrates said:
Didn't vote because we're not married -- together for over five years, but not yet married. I got her into gaming, and she's as passionate about it as I am. She also puts up with my twenty-minute drives to Olathe to hit the best gaming store without complaint, and even owns more dice than I do. I am a lucky guy. :)

Olathe, Kansas? I was born there! How long have you lived near there?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases