Detail Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Rystil Arden said:
When I say Affiliations in the PHBII, I don't mean I plan on importing the ones that are actually in the PHBII instead of the organisations in Eberron--what I mean is to do a PHBII style write-up of Affiliations with special benefits and so-forth. Is that what is already done?
Five Nations uses this format IIRC as does Magic of Eberron and maybe the Explorer's Handbook (for the Wayfairers). When I have some time, I can post the stated affilition names.

Rystil Arden

First Post
stonegod said:
Five Nations uses this format IIRC as does Magic of Eberron and maybe the Explorer's Handbook (for the Wayfairers). When I have some time, I can post the stated affilition names.
Well, that's equal parts good and disastrously terrible. The good part is that they have them out there already. The disastrously terrible part is that we need our Affiliation rules prominently displayed where every player, GM, and judge can see them. Thus, we may be forced to reinvent the wheel.

Velmont

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Hmmmm...so that means that each RL day gives *less* than one crafting day, since there are 52 weeks in the year, so 7 days per Time Unit would make RL == in game. I'm not convinced that this is fast enough.

A week = 7 days
A working week = 5 days.

Even crafter can have there wekk-end off. But in medieval time, I wouldn't be surprise to see people working 6 to 7 days per wekk (maybe 6 and a half, leaving one half to go to the church...)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Velmont said:
A week = 7 days
A working week = 5 days.

Even crafter can have there wekk-end off. But in medieval time, I wouldn't be surprise to see people working 6 to 7 days per wekk (maybe 6 and a half, leaving one half to go to the church...)
Yeah, the whole two day weekend per week is more of a modern contrivance, and not even universal to all countries. Some of the more Catholic countries just take Sunday off and then have lots of Saint days where they get off work to more than make up the difference.

It would be patently ridiculous, however, to tell somebody who actually wanted to do work over the weekend that she couldn't...

Shareena the Arcane toils on her mighty Circlet of Intellect for almost two months because she isn't allowed to work on it on weekends?

Knight Otu

First Post
Regarding the time units, keep in mind that we don't need to use the RPGA TU System. As I said in my first post, I was thinking more of the following:

You gain 336 time units (keeping in mind the shorter year). If you do something time-consuming out of adventuring (crafting, researching spells, ...), reduce your TUs by that amount. If you leave an adventure, do the same. You cannot do something if it would put you below 0 TUs, except adventuring (the negative amount would be deducted from your renewed TUs). When TUs are renewed, the unused TUs are lost/lost except for a fraction (if some actions might need more than 1 year to complete).

Rystil Arden

First Post
Knight Otu said:
Regarding the time units, keep in mind that we don't need to use the RPGA TU System. As I said in my first post, I was thinking more of the following:

You gain 336 time units (keeping in mind the shorter year). If you do something time-consuming out of adventuring (crafting, researching spells, ...), reduce your TUs by that amount. If you leave an adventure, do the same. You cannot do something if it would put you below 0 TUs, except adventuring (the negative amount would be deducted from your renewed TUs). When TUs are renewed, the unused TUs are lost/lost except for a fraction (if some actions might need more than 1 year to complete).
I'm very hesitant to approve of a Time Unit system that also charges time units for days spent on an adventure. It could mean that you lose all your year's worth on one adventure if the GM makes you hustle back and forth on lightning rails and boats. And if the GM has more of a cutscene style, you might not even get much playtime in for the loss. It might be like "Six weeks later, you reach Stormreach."

Xael

First Post
What if you just did the easiest thing and left out all kinds of time calculating things? :\

Rystil Arden

First Post
Xael said:
What if you just did the easiest thing and left out all kinds of time calculating things? :\
That would be totally unfair. PCs could each Craft an infinite number of craft goods for 1/3 market price and sell them to NPCs for 1/2 market price, thus earning infinitely much gold instantaneously.

Xael

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
That would be totally unfair. PCs could each Craft an infinite number of craft goods for 1/3 market price and sell them to NPCs for 1/2 market price, thus earning infinitely much gold instantaneously.
Is there any problem relating to crafting magical items, or is the problem only about the 1/3 price crafted nonmagical items?

7th level Wizard or Cleric can get infinite (well, probably not) amount of money anyways, without needing any amount of craft points/whatever (Summon Monster IV for Lantern Archon + Continual Flame at will + torches = l33t).

Rystil Arden

First Post
Xael said:
Is there any problem relating to crafting magical items, or is the problem only about the 1/3 price crafted nonmagical items?

7th level Wizard or Cleric can get infinite (well, probably not) amount of money anyways, without needing any amount of craft points/whatever (Summon Monster IV for Lantern Archon + Continual Flame at will + torches = l33t).
It's also fairly problematic with relation to crafting magic items too, yes. It means that any crafter with a reasonable amount of XP will be able to monopolise the entire market of player-bought items by hypercrafting, for one thing.

I mean, there's a feat in Eberron that lets you craft in 75% of normal time. This would mean allowing everyone to craft in 0% of normal time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases