Armor Special Abilities from PHB2 Spells

Presto2112

Explorer
I'm trying to come up with some expanded Magic Item tables based on spells from PHB2 and Spell Compendium. Here's what I've come up with from PHB2 so far; let me know what y'all think.

Fortuitous - Once per day, as an immediate action, you can force a target opponent who has targeted you for an attack or a spell to reroll any one die roll related to an attack on you. It can be an atack roll, a damage die, a spell resistance check, or a roll to confirm a critical hit.

Moderate divination; CL 6th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, alter fortune; Price +1 bonus.

Spikeshot - This ability can only be applied to armor equipped with armor spikes. As a swift action, you can release one of your armor spikes and launch it as a ranged attack, with a range increment of 30 feet, dealing damage as appropriate for the armor spike. The armor spike cannot be reattached once released in this manner, but another identical armor spike magically regrows in the same spot on the suit of armor in 1 hour.

Strong conjuration; CL 10th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, cloud of knives, fabricate; Price +2 bonus.

More to come.

Staffan

Legend
I feel both of these should probably be fixed-cost add-ons rather than a bonus equivalent. The first should cost 8,100 gp (alter fortune as a command word item, 1/day, x1.5 for being the second ability for the item). I'm not sure about the second one, since it's a bit different from the spell.

Hmm. I thought of a weird way of treating it. Make it a +2 bonus on the armor spikes (rather than the armor). That would basically be the same as making it a throwing returning armor spike.

Presto2112

Explorer
Retributive Hop - Any creature hitting you with a melee attackmust make a successful Will save (DC 13) or be teleported 30 feet in any random direction. If the destination square is occupied, then the creature appears in the nearest unoccupied square to the destination within the 30 foot range.

Moderate conjuration; CL 12th; Craft magic Arms and Armor, Dimension Hop; Price ?????.

Retributive Spark - Three times per day, as an immediate action, you can afflict a creature that damages you with a melee attack for 2d8 electrical damage (DC 13 Reflex save for half damage).

Moderate evocation; CL 4th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Electric Vengeance; Price ????.

Presto2112

Explorer
Staffan said:
I feel both of these should probably be fixed-cost add-ons rather than a bonus equivalent. The first should cost 8,100 gp (alter fortune as a command word item, 1/day, x1.5 for being the second ability for the item). I'm not sure about the second one, since it's a bit different from the spell.

Hmm. I thought of a weird way of treating it. Make it a +2 bonus on the armor spikes (rather than the armor). That would basically be the same as making it a throwing returning armor spike.

I don't have the DMG, so I don't know where to find the formulae for pricing created magic items. But thanks for the input.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases