Bobitron...................Glasia Domarus, Human Wizard
Isida Kep'Tukari.........Morika Kevsecks, Shifter Druid
Deuce Traveler.........Doral Kinsman, Half-Elf Beguiler

Links
OOC Thread
Rogue's Gallery

Ringmereth

First Post
Seven figures walk onto an old wooden dock as a crisp wind blows in from the seaside and causes shivers to run down the spines of those ill-dressed for the Lhazaar coast. Behind the group lies Tantamar, a peaceful town dotted with inns and storehouses of brick worn smooth by long years and heavy rain. Its winding streets have been alive with muffled bustle for hours as the morning light shines in over Cape Far to the east.

Smaller piers jut from the town's seafront, but by this hour only a few vessels with chipping paint and patched sails remain moored along the edges of the rickety docks. The fishermen who make each day's wages on the chilly waters have long since departed, and now only a handful of merchant sailors in ragged clothing labor along the wharf. Their loud voices, the crying of seagulls and children in town, and the constant lapping of waves against the dock's supports are the accompaniment to the steady footsteps of the mismatched group as they stride down the weathered column of creaking planks.

At the far end of the dock, a magnificent galleon with fresh-painted lines of blue stands in stark contrast to the unpolished town. A wide tower is built on the stern of the ship, and as the seven approach the vessel from its starboard side, they each notice a ring of swirling vapor held in place by four wooden supports at the rear of the structure. A bold painting of a grey shark decorates the vessel's bow, its exaggerated maw curved into a toothy grin. Two half-orcs in shining chainmail flank the gangplank, and while their wary eyes run up and down the pier now and again, they seem more focused on whispered banter than guard duty. A few yards away, an aging man in tasteful black finery stands tall, his thin grey hair fluttering in the wind as he watches the seven approach.

Bront

The man with the probe
"Is Elinvath the elderly man or is he one of the two half-orcs?" Carver asks to whoever happens to be near him. He approaches out of curiosity as much as anything else.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Vhir, Kobold Warlock

The shortest amongst the seven is also the most finely dressed. Traveling clothes they may be, but fine ones they are, and well maintained. The short one walks purposefully, a rhythmic tap... tap of a darkwood walking stick following. In the muted morning light, the dull red of a bloodstone at the top of the cane can occasionally be seen. But, the most unusual aspect of the diminutive stranger is that... its a kobold.

Kobolds are an uncommon sight in the mountains of Zilargo; a rare few can be found kicking around the lower towers of Sharn. But this kobold is obviously civilized, for lack of a better term, and a strange presence seems to surround it. Could be the odd dress, or the dusky purple skin, or the glow in its red eyes. But there is something... unsettling and compelling about the short one.

As they walk down the peer, the kobold casts an appraising eye at each of the other seven, measuring them somehow. Its right eye opens a bit wider as it hears the warforged speak, as if the construct's tone was not the one it expected. When the kobold responds, it is succinct.

"I would suspect Master Sargessean to be the elder gentleman, construct. The others seem to be nothing more than guards."

No lisp. No cringing in the voice. An odd kobold indeed.

Last edited:

MadMaxim

First Post
Partash, Male Kalashtar Archivist

Partash slowly approaches the gangplank and the two half-orcs. "I gather they're his bodyguards and..." Answering the warforged's question. But he's quickly interrupted by the kobold who seems rather intent on putting he warforged in its place.

Though he's wearing suitable clothing, he's obviously feeling cold and uncomfortable. He wonders what this man will be able to offer him in his pursuit for knowledge. Will he offer him money to fund his research or can he offer him something far greater...?

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
stonegod said:
"I would suspect Master Sargessean to be the elder gentleman, construct. The others seem to be nothing more than guards."

No lisp. No cringing in the voice. An odd kobold indeed.
"Oh, well that makes sense too. I'm not a construct by the way, I'm a living construct, or more specificly a warforged. Personaly, I think of myself as Carver. Do you think that Construct is a more appropriate name for me? I don't think Construct Banderelli has the same ring to it, do you?" Carver did not seem offended or otherwise bothered by the coment, and is tone is rather matter of fact.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Morika, female shifter druid

Behind the party slinks a shifter woman, lithe in movement, heavily muscled, her braided hair tossed out of her face, her short stature made shorter by her crouched posture. She wears battered leather armor, well-made under the coating of road dust, bears a fine haversack on her back, carries a seemingly-new dark wood shield on her left arm, and has a sickle in her belt. Her face is, to be blunt, ugly. Her forehead is heavy and brutish, her eyebrows and sideburns are explosively hairy, and her tanned face is seamed with small scars. Dark gray eyes glare at the group as if they're personably responsible for her obvious bad mood.

She crouches to one side, and listens to the others for a moment before snorting like a hyena. "No one who writes like that could be a half-orc. If you lot got the same letter I did then you wouldn't be asking such stupid questions," she half-snarls. Her voice is like that of a crow, harsh and grating, and her teeth, when seen, are very, very sharp... "So, are you here for the job or just to entertain me?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Vhir, Kobold Warlock

Bront said:
"Oh, well that makes sense too. I'm not a construct by the way, I'm a living construct, or more specificly a warforged. Personaly, I think of myself as Carver. Do you think that Construct is a more appropriate name for me? I don't think Construct Banderelli has the same ring to it, do you?" Carver did not seem offended or otherwise bothered by the coment, and is tone is rather matter of fact.
The kobold makes its right eye widen again; one something with hair, it would probably be similar to raising an eyebrow. "Your name is as your maker gave it or as your gave yourself after your maker. It is no consquence; all names are known to the Progenitors." The kobold's voice is not cold but measured. It too seems to speak matter-of-factly.
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"So, are you here for the job or just to entertain me?"
The kobold turns slightly, eyeing the shifter for a moment. Again, that measuring look. It then slowly turns its head to the construct---living or no, it is that---and waits for its response.

Bront

The man with the probe
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
She crouches to one side, and listens to the others for a moment before snorting like a hyena. "No one who writes like that could be a half-orc. If you lot got the same letter I did then you wouldn't be asking such stupid questions," she half-snarls. Her voice is like that of a crow, harsh and grating, and her teeth, when seen, are very, very sharp... "So, are you here for the job or just to entertain me?"
"I'm sorry, i've only met one Half-Orc before, and that was Pendant Shava. He was a druid who spoke quite well, and I could only assume might be able to write the same," Carver says. "And why would I be here to entertain you? Is there entertainment coming?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases