The Game of Kings

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral quietly slips back into some concealment and reappears. He rejoins the party downstairs, and quietly tries to memorize what he has learned. Doral enters each of the various rooms and chooses the one with the loudest floor boards, although he neglects to tell anyone why. After everyone is settled he finds Morika and says, "I'm sorry to bother you, but I was hoping to get my portion of the meal back before I turned in."

MadMaxim

First Post
Bront said:
Once the Captain says he'll get the tour, Carver follows his new companions down to the quarters. "Partash, might I stow my chest in your room? I think that's the right term for a ship? Or is it port? Anyway, I don't think I'll be needing it much. Nothing wrong with carrying my stuff around anyway. Besides, I wouldn't want to wake you up at night, I know Bim didn't like that. In fact, no one I've met realy liked that. How odd. Is there a place I can do a little work around here without disturbing the others at night?"
"That's alright, Carver. I can keep an eye on your equipment. But if you'll excuse me I'll be praying for some favorable winds on our journey." Partash picks up Carver's chest and puts in his room. He walks in and shuts the door behind him. He takes off his cloak and sits down on the bed and starts meditating. He speaks in Quor: "May il-Yannah grant me the strength to overcome whatever hardships are in store for me. May il-Yannah help guide me and my companions' efforts in finding and rescuing the Baron. May il-Yannah give me the wisdom to see through whatever lies and betrayal I may encounter."

[OOC: Partash still hasn't revealed his true identity, so Carver still only knows him as Parlinor Tashlov]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Once the vessel is on its way, the kobold makes its way from its reading perch downbellow. It checks each room, nodding but saying nothing if the occupants say anything, in the meantime noting where everyone has chosen to stay. After a moment, when it finds the room the plain-looking half-elf is going to bunk in, it places its a small bundle on the other bunk. It then moves purposefully to the half-elf, addressing it alone for the moment.
[sblock=Doral]The kobold addresses the half-elf directly. "I see you had begun to ask the crew regarding our destination before we docked. Good. You have the knack for the right questions. Please endeavor to learn anything you can regarding our employer's quarry, his son's, and his captors. Anything you learn will assist us in our mission, in addition to the other information I am sure you are gathering. Do let the rest of us know."[/sblock]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Doral can find Morika still on the deck, now sitting on her folded sleeping roll, gazing into the swiftly-moving sky and enjoying the night air. When he asks for his food, she gets it out absently, still absorbed in the scenery. Assuming the captain doesn't run her off the deck, she intends to sleep under the stars.

James Heard

Explorer
After a while of rather undignified wallowing over the railing of the ship after it set way, Dragen finally crawled up off his knees and wiped the foulness from his mouth with one of his spare cleaning rags. Casting a scowl at any who dared look at him, he stomped off across the ship looking for a drink.

Sweet merciful death but there isn't anywhere I'd rather be than at sea... he thought darkly. Maybe the dwarves' armsmen have something special. Always trust a dwarf to know his cups proper-like.. With a newly found spring in his step, the archer added a whistle to his stomping.

Bront

The man with the probe
Ringmereth said:
"D'pends. What kinda work d' you be doing?" the seaman asks with a worried look, rubbing his hands together. "We 'ave room on deck if y'like. No one's a-sleepin' there, an' th' lookout ain't gonna b'grudge 'nother body 'round on 'is watch."
"All sorts of fun things. The deck sounds promising if it's dry." Carver says.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
stonegod said:
[sblock=Doral]The kobold addresses the half-elf directly. "I see you had begun to ask the crew regarding our destination before we docked. Good. You have the knack for the right questions. Please endeavor to learn anything you can regarding our employer's quarry, his son's, and his captors. Anything you learn will assist us in our mission, in addition to the other information I am sure you are gathering. Do let the rest of us know."[/sblock]

The kobold
[sblock]
Doral had finished his meal and was polishing an apple on his shirt when the kobold walked in to talk with him. He says, "Oh yes, the kobold. I've never met one of your kind before," Doral lies. "So, before I begin bothering the crew why don't you get comfortable and tell me about yourself? Where are you from? What takes you so far from kobold lands?" He takes a bite from his apple and eagerly listens to his guest.
[/sblock]

stonegod

Deuce Traveler said:
[sblock=The kobold]
Doral had finished his meal and was polishing an apple on his shirt when the kobold walked in to talk with him. He says, "Oh yes, the kobold. I've never met one of your kind before," Doral lies. "So, before I begin bothering the crew why don't you get comfortable and tell me about yourself? Where are you from? What takes you so far from kobold lands?" He takes a bite from his apple and eagerly listens to his guest.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Doral]The kobold does that odd eye arching again. "Have you not? Hmmm." It streches its neck for a moment, a few pops commencing. It then turns its slightly glowing red eyes on the half-elf. As it speaks, you could swear there was a slight whispering underneath its voice, a hint of something uncomfortable. "My kin prefer their barbarism; I do not. That is the simple truth. But they and I still share three traits: We are both touched by the Progentiors, we both are cunning and deceitful, and both dislike interference in our affairs." The kobold pauses a moment, examing Doral closely. "I am a negotiator. That is my business, and the One Below ensures I am compentent at it. That should suffice. As for you, what mercenary skills do you bring to this venture?"[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
stonegod said:
[sblock=Doral]The kobold does that odd eye arching again. "Have you not? Hmmm." It streches its neck for a moment, a few pops commencing. It then turns its slightly glowing red eyes on the half-elf. As it speaks, you could swear there was a slight whispering underneath its voice, a hint of something uncomfortable. "My kin prefer their barbarism; I do not. That is the simple truth. But they and I still share three traits: We are both touched by the Progentiors, we both are cunning and deceitful, and both dislike interference in our affairs." The kobold pauses a moment, examing Doral closely. "I am a negotiator. That is my business, and the One Below ensures I am compentent at it. That should suffice. As for you, what mercenary skills do you bring to this venture?"[/sblock]

The kobold
[sblock]
Doral looks as if he was about to say something, then stops. His smile disappears for a moment, and he struggles, as if talking about himself is uncomfortable and difficult. Finally some internal battle is won and Doral says, "I am skilled at gaining entry in places you might consider inaccessible. I also have a talent for discovering how people feel about a situation, such as their lot in life." The smile reappears, "Other than that, I'm just your average mixed-blood trying to make a living. So why did you sign up for this gambit? Are you hoping to make some quick cash like myself? And it's interesting that you say that you are deceitful. Isn't that statement a logical conundrum in itself?"
[/sblock]

stonegod

Deuce Traveler said:
The kobold
[sblock]The smile reappears, "So why did you sign up for this gambit? Are you hoping to make some quick cash like myself? And it's interesting that you say that you are deceitful. Isn't that statement a logical conundrum in itself?"[/sblock]
[sblock=Doral]"Only if I stated that all I said is a lie, which I did not. As for reasons for joining: As I stated, my skills are for hire. The price was reasonable for the services to be rendered." The kobold begins preparation for leaving. "Your skills will most likely prove useful, especially if we do not find a way to negotiate or bluff a release. 'Any means necissary,' recall."

With that, unless he is held, the kobold leaves.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases