TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

genshou

First Post
EricNoah said:
Gary, it's great to see you here, as always! :)

Eric Noah
It really is! I never in my wildest dreams would have imagined seeing the Father of the Game so involved in an online community... and then I heard about these threads. :eek:

Steverooo

First Post
gideon_thorne said:
Its a collaborative series work set in the city of this volume
http://www.trolllord.com/newsite/zagyg/8050.

For the Castles & Crusades game.

No, no, no, no!

I KNOW what Castle Greyhawk/Xagyg/Zagyg/Yggsburgh is (as if Gary's description, above, weren't more than enough for any fool who didn't already know)!

My question is, if the "Be a Collaborator!" deal in Lejends wasn't about Yggsburgh (and Gary has already posted that it was not), then what was THAT all about?!?

Keep up with me, here! :D

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
genshou said:
Funny how these things work in the opposite way you intended them to! :lol:
Oops!

Sorry, I didn;t mean to give the wrong impression there. I mentioned the name of the fanzine so as to make up for the panning by publicizing it. If I mean to truly smoke something I never mention it by name or even hint at that... :lol:

Speaking of adventures, have you used any of the free 3.x adventures available on the WotC site, and if so, what are your opinions on their quality? I'm especially interested in hearing what you think of Wreck Ashore, if you're familiar with it.
Ah well, another dud response.

As I don't play 3E, sometimes play OAD&D (or the C&C game) but usually play the Lejendary Adventure skill-bundle-based rules light system, I can be of no assistance regarding this matter :\

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Grodog:

Sorry I missed answering your querry regarding the second LGGC here. It was a very good gathering--not overcrowded, relaxed, friendly, and fun. I ended up Lejend Mastering for three different groups of seven or eight players here on my front porch each day. Of course we had the pre-con porch party here Thursday evening and night, and there were gamers gathered here each night of the con, including a near dead-dog group sunday night. I was pretty tired and had to shoo away a few holdovers on Monday evening as I sat out on the porch with my beer :lol:

Steveroo:

The link to Lejends is not functioning, and I must have misunderstood the question too... I don't recall the "Be a Collaborator" piece in the zine. Please refresh my memory. Obviously there wasn't much response to it or I would likely recall the matter :confused:

Cheers,
Gary

Last edited:

genshou

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
Oops!

Sorry, I didn;t mean to give the wrong impression there. I mentioned the name of the fanzine so as to make up for the panning by publicizing it. If I mean to truly smoke something I never mention it by name or even hint at that... :lol:
Oh, ok. That's still kind of funny how things worked out, though. Just not quite as much.
Ah well, another dud response.

As I don't play 3E, sometimes play OAD&D (or the C&C game) but usually play the Lejendary Adventure skill-bundle-based rules light system, I can be of no assistance regarding this matter :\

Cheers,
Gary
Oh, I thought maybe you might have played 3E from time to time seeing as you are who you are, but I can certainly understand why you'd stick with the older editions. ;)

Hmm, maybe you should join my online campaign. :p
(I'm joking, of course. That game is officially on hiatus until I can get a consistent work schedule. When it gets going again, though... maybe. Heheh.)

Don't worry Gary, there'll be more questions coming your way soon enough, of that I am certain. :]

smootrk

First Post
G'day Gary,

I think it is a shame that the agreements you entered into keep you from being able to participate fully with the current incarnations of the game, or even the older, out-of-print materials that were produced by other now-defunct gaming companies. Have you attempted or even considered contacting the current IP holders, in order to re-negotiate terms or otherwise relax the conditions of your agreements?

It would be novel to see your credits on some products from WOTC, especially when it comes to the Greyhawk material, or even to see an all new 'official' Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (as in 1st edition) set of resources surface with your stamp on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases