Balancing a magic system with Blood and Vigilance

beverson

First Post
I wanted to run a campaing using d20 Modern, Blood and Vigilance, and include magic, but I hate the d20 Modern magic system. I wanted a system that would allow magic right off the bat at first level.

My first instinct was to use Elements of Magic: Mythic Earth, and I thought it was a pretty good fit, but my best rules guys are thinking that a character using the Magic system would overpower one using the B&V system.

Am I nuts for trying to mix them in the first place? And if not, are they balanced, or is there a magic system that you would recommend instead?

Vigilance

Explorer
beverson said:
I wanted to run a campaing using d20 Modern, Blood and Vigilance, and include magic, but I hate the d20 Modern magic system. I wanted a system that would allow magic right off the bat at first level.

My first instinct was to use Elements of Magic: Mythic Earth, and I thought it was a pretty good fit, but my best rules guys are thinking that a character using the Magic system would overpower one using the B&V system.

Am I nuts for trying to mix them in the first place? And if not, are they balanced, or is there a magic system that you would recommend instead?

I am working on the long promised (and I do mean lonnnnnnnng) promised magic book for B&V right now.

Get out of my head ;)

Chuck

beverson

First Post
Vigilance said:
I am working on the long promised (and I do mean lonnnnnnnng) promised magic book for B&V right now.

Get out of my head ;)

Chuck

Great minds...etc... :D

I don't suppose it will be done between now and GenCon?

beverson

First Post
Vigilance said:
Almost certainly.

w00t! We're working on character gen right now, and the first session will either be the Sunday before GenCon or two Sundays after, so the timing is almost perfect.

Need anyone to playtest? ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases