Doctor Who 28.13 Doomsday (SPOILERS)

Brakkart

First Post
It was obvious she wasn't actually going to die, what with relating that intro stood on a beach and such. Still a nice almost ending (as the ending featured a very lost bride, what with the Tardis in orbit around a supernova at the time of her appearance inside it).

Ohh and Daleks 1 - 0 Cybermen

Did the Cybermen even manage to kill a single Dalek? I know I didn't see them take out any of the Daleks, as the pepperpots of doom's forcefields repelled just about everything the Cybermen, Preachers and Torchwood could fire at them!

I LOVED it when Rose mentioned the Doctor and the Daleks all took a "step" back and she grinned, mentioning that they weren't phased by taking on 5 million Cybermen, but 1 Doctor had them scared.

Ohh and the Black Dalek curtly informing the Cyber Leader that just 1 Dalek would take on and beat any number of Cybermen. Very bitchy! I was in stitches!

Last edited:

Huw

First Post
Has anyone else read Isaac Asimov's "The Gods Themselves" or Philip Pullman's "Amber Spyglass"? The whole concept of parallel universe leaking into each other with impending disaster is very familiar.

Good episode. Didn't know quite where Rsoe would end up, and the lost bride is hilarious!

JEL

First Post
What do Daleks and Cybermen do when they meet? They talk smack to each other. Man, that episode was awesome.

Staffan

Legend
I thought it was kinda cool that the Torchwood boss lady managed to keep her personality enough to go on a Cyberman-killing rampage even after being turned into one herself.

librarius_arcana

First Post
JEL said:
What do Daleks and Cybermen do when they meet? They talk smack to each other. Man, that episode was awesome.

LoL :D

I thought some of the writting was a bit poor,

But since you put it that way, I can see the funny

and hey Rose not dead, and going off to work at Touchwood she just may be back on day ;)

MonsterMash

First Post
I enjoyed it immensely and it was a good end to what has been a patchy season, but I'm pleased to see that the DT Dr has established his personality and I think that the scripts will suit him better next season.

Looking forward to next season and the xmas special "What?"

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
I enjoyed it greatly. I was quite pleased with the resolution.

And not surprisingly: When the Daleks and Cybermen battle, the winner was The Doctor.

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
I thought it was great, but a few holes I need sorting out.

The Cybermen (steeped in background radiation that made them vulnerable) created a few other Cybermen on Earth that assumedly were not effected by the dimensional vortex as they had not crossed the barrier betweek universes. What happens to them?

When the Daleks do their thing and fight the Cybermen it looks like the Torchwood people were teaming up with the Cybermen. When did they come to an accord, or did everyone just focus on the greater threat?

A great episode overall. I can't wait until Christmas.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases