Sharn Tavern: The Tower's Shard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Just Outside]"I am sorry, but my meagre power is solely a gift of the spirits, and magic such as that is beyond my comprehension. You should talk to our dwarf friend here--he seems like he knows a lot about magic and Warforged, or at least he is very interested in them too," Siobhan suggests helpfully.[/SBLOCK]

Patlin

Explorer
[sblock=Just Outside]"I have been told that many practitioners see their sorts of magic as being very different one from the other, but my field of study is broader. Spiritual magic is just as interesting as the arcane, in my opinion."

Slowly, as if a thought was begining to occur to him, he gazes up into the air.

"Were you aware that water is dropping out of the sky in increasingly significant amounts? I should perhaps re-enter the inn before my equipment becomes damp. Also, though I may be wrong about this, I was under the impression that prolonged exposure to the elements might do some harm to biological life forms. Perhaps you might wish to join me inside?"[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Just Outside]"I can hear the tears of the Sky Spirits, crying for a lost soul who is sinking to Dollurh, stabbed with a steel barb of treachery...we go to find that soul...Once everyone is ready, we must be off.""[/SBLOCK]

Patlin

Explorer
[sblock=Just Outside]"I can see that you are busy. Perhaps we will speak again once your task is done. I look forward to learning more about the spirits that guide you."

Anvuss bids the assembled group a courteous farewell.[/sblock]

Reentering the empty tavern, Anvuss once again greets the innkeeper, and then takes a seat at a nearby table and begins to inspect his equipment, making sure it hasn't been damaged by exposure to the elements.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Just outside the Inn]
The dwarf follow teh warforged and the two shifters out of the Inn. And listen to the brther and sister discussion.

Rystil Arden said:
"to be considered a lunatic even by the eccentric? Or maybe, will I find a place some day..."

"Do you mean I am an eccentric?" with a big smiles, knowing he had used the same word when he was talking to himself outloud.

As he sees the Anvuss getting entering the Inn. He whispers to himself "Marvelous... I,ve never seen a warforged in my life and then three in a day. I love that city."

Rystil Arden said:
"You should talk to our dwarf friend here--he seems like he knows a lot about magic and Warforged, or at least he is very interested in them too"

"If I know about warforged. nothing except bedtime stories, but I find them the most marvelous creation. Do you imagine it is almost life that have been created, but with the strength of the metal."

Kharas truns his attention to Anvuss "My name is Kharas Mroranon. I am a trapmaker and armorsmith. I doubt I will be able to help you on your quest of magic. I know my few tricks, but they are the basic my family teach to all trapmakers, as we work both on magical and mechanical traps. My knowledge is still pretty basic, I can infuse some titems with minor powers, mainly weapons and armors. A tradition in my family is we have to travel teh world for at least five years before coming back home, and during that travel, we must seek dungeon and ruins where we could find traps, so we can study what have been made in teh past. Honestly, I want to learn more about Warforged too, the summon of humanoids creation."
[/SBLOCK]

byronhicks

First Post
For those outside:

[sblock]You see a gnome walking down the street wearing the robes of a scholar. Well, the dirty robes of a scholar, at least. His hair is a bit dishelved, and he seems more intent on a piece of parchment than on where he is walking. He looks up from his parchment and spots the sign for the tavern. He pushes his glasses up on his nose and heads into the tavern.[/sblock]

A gnome walks into the tavern. He is wearing the robes of a scholar, but they seem to be a bit dirty and dishelved. He appears to be travelling. His hair is an unkempt mess on top of his head. He walks up to the bar, and ignores everyone in the room.

Excuse me barkeep, can you tell me how to find Morgrave University? I can't seem to find it on this map. In fact, I'm not sure that this is a map of Sharn at all. The street vendor I bought it from did not seem to be of the highest quality. Also, can I have a glass of your cheapest wine? I just travelled a long distance, and I'm a bit thirsty.

byronhicks

First Post
Yes, yes, I am.

He looks up from his map and realizes he is in a bar with a warforged at the bar, and a warforged behind the bar. His eyes go wide for a moment, and then he looks down.

I'm sorry if I'm intruding. Is the bar for warforged only? I didn't see many warforged at the University in Korranberg. My name is Johanel d'Sivis. I was a student at Korranberg, but my advisor saw fit to throw me out into the world to gain some "real world experience." I'm not sure what that really means. I was happy studying my books, and taking notes, and scribing scrolls. I was looking for Morgrave because I thought they might hire me. My father paid for my trip to Sharn, but only left me with what coin I had in my pocket after leaving Korranberg.

Johanel opens his bag and notices that his spell book has gotten a little water on it. He carefully wipes the water off the cover, and makes sure that there is no damage to the pages. He puts his book back in his bag.

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Just outside]Stulgar nods to the 'forged as he heads into the tavern. He looks around, somewhat nervously, not seemly bothered by the rain, and waits, if not somewhat impatiently.[/sblock]

Patlin

Explorer
"Ah! A kindred spirit indeed. I was just checking my own papers to be sure of avoiding water damage as well, and scribing scrolls is a great interest of mine. The bar is not only for warforged, although I have been told we are welcome here. Quite generous of the establishment, as we do not eat or drink. I'm sure paying customers are even more welcome. Is there any chance that you would be interested in collaborating on scribing scrolls?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads