Doctor Who Season 29 - What do you want to see?

Felon

First Post
Also, in the spirit of Sarah Jane's return, it would be great to see whatever become of Ace. She was still the Doctor's companion when the original series went on "hiatus". Wonder if she's still a hotty?

sniffles

First Post
Felon said:
Also, in the spirit of Sarah Jane's return, it would be great to see whatever become of Ace. She was still the Doctor's companion when the original series went on "hiatus". Wonder if she's still a hotty?
I think Peter Davison looks just find these days. I have to agree with you that Colin Baker doesn't look so great, though. And Tom Baker would need a dye job - his hair's gone snow white. :)

I've also seen Sophie Aldred lately and she's gone a bit matronly in the face. But you have to remember, the series was cancelled in 1989. None of us likely look as good now as we did 15 years ago.

sniffles

First Post
Felon said:
Well, that, plus the fact that even in 1989 Sophie was 27 playing 16.
Oh, yes, I'd forgotten that! No wonder she looks a bit matronly - she's only a couple of years younger than me! :)

Tuzenbach

First Post
What do I want for the next season of Doctor Who?! A COMPLETE END to any and all involvement with Russell T. Davies! The guy can't write for ****.

Give Moffat the producer/head-writer reigns. Or better yet, a tandem of Chris Carter & Moffat as co-producers/head-writers.

I fully realize the show's winning all these awards in the UK but, from my perspective (an American fan of Doctor Who for the past 20 years), it ain't that great.

Though David Tennant's episodes have yet to be broadcast over here, I can honestly say that only 3 of the 13 Eccleston episodes are worth owning. All the stories penned by Davies feels like season 24 all over again. I really want to know what the critics in Britain are smoking to hand out so many awards to this show.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the show is back. But I just feel it could be at least 10 times better under a different producer.

*raises shields to maximum*

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
You know what I think would be cool

- The Doctor learning that the Master is in fact a future regeneration of himself who has gone rogue (and of course overcome the 12 regens limitation)

... perhaps that is what the Face of Boe is going to say "You is Master"

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Tuzenbach said:
What do I want for the next season of Doctor Who?! A COMPLETE END to any and all involvement with Russell T. Davies! The guy can't write for ****.

Give Moffat the producer/head-writer reigns. Or better yet, a tandem of Chris Carter & Moffat as co-producers/head-writers.

I fully realize the show's winning all these awards in the UK but, from my perspective (an American fan of Doctor Who for the past 20 years), it ain't that great.

Though David Tennant's episodes have yet to be broadcast over here, I can honestly say that only 3 of the 13 Eccleston episodes are worth owning. All the stories penned by Davies feels like season 24 all over again. I really want to know what the critics in Britain are smoking to hand out so many awards to this show.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the show is back. But I just feel it could be at least 10 times better under a different producer.

You don't need any shields! ;)

Well that's your opinion mate. But a lot of people really like the new series. Myself included!

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Echoing Tonguez' post, I think it might be cool to learn that the Master was a different incarnation of someone else- either the Doctor, or possibly the Rani (which would be an interesting twist, given their past collaborations).

[EDIT- Even though it's just a rumor, I've decided I better spoiler this just in case.]

[EDIT of EDIT- This rumor has been debunked by the BBC, so I've just dropped it altogether. Nothing to see here!

If you're really curious, though, run a news search on Zoe Lucker.]

Last edited:

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Tuzenbach said:

I agree 100%. The second season has a few great shows, a few decent shows, and a few really bad shows. The writing on this is all over the place and often is outright horrid.

Remove ads