Doctor Who Season 29 - What do you want to see?

Richards

Legend
Tonguez said:
You know what I think would be cool

- The Doctor learning that the Master is in fact a future regeneration of himself who has gone rogue (and of course overcome the 12 regens limitation)
Ugh - no thanks. I had enough of that nonsense back in the Colin Baker "Trial of a Time Lord" storyline with the Valyard.

Johnathan

sniffles

First Post
Flexor the Mighty! said:
I agree 100%. The second season has a few great shows, a few decent shows, and a few really bad shows. The writing on this is all over the place and often is outright horrid.
Well you and Tonguez go off and watch something else, then. I love the new series and think RTD is a good writer. :p

I don't want any 'the Master is really (insert other Time Lord here)' stories, either. In fact, the more I think about it, the less eager I am to see the Master again. Give me some other old enemies instead, like Draconians or Zygons or especially Sontarans.

I'd like to hear more hints about what the Doctor did during the Time War - I don't want full disclosure, just a little more info. And some hints about how he regenerated into the 9th Doctor, too. I suppose they won't do that onscreen, though, since he's already regenerated yet again.

Mostly I just want more Doctor Who!! :D

Felon

First Post
Tuzenbach said:
Though David Tennant's episodes have yet to be broadcast over here, I can honestly say that only 3 of the 13 Eccleston episodes are worth owning. All the stories penned by Davies feels like season 24 all over again. I really want to know what the critics in Britain are smoking to hand out so many awards to this show.

The new Doctor Who certainly plays up the schmoltz factor a little too much. It went into major overkill with all of the family drama aspects, and the show got a little too self-counscious about introducing a mixture of ethnicities (going to great pains not to be another sci-fi with nothing but white folks). I like the idea of Doctor Who being a show with a heart, but focusing on the brain isn't a bad thing either. A little more emphasis on plot and innovative storytelling would be great.

As for the Master--well, Sherlock Holmes kind of needs a Moriarty. In some ways, it's not hard to understand why the last two Doctors had to be somewhat manic. They were mostly facing off against bland, soulless monsters. I don't recall what made the Sontarans worthy of being regular foes, but I don't think it was their personality. I really would like to see the Doctor challenged at an intellectual level.

sniffles

First Post
Felon said:
As for the Master--well, Sherlock Holmes kind of needs a Moriarty. In some ways, it's not hard to understand why the last two Doctors had to be somewhat manic. They were mostly facing off against bland, soulless monsters. I don't recall what made the Sontarans worthy of being regular foes, but I don't think it was their personality. I really would like to see the Doctor challenged at an intellectual level.

I have to agree with you that more intellectual challenges would be good. But I also have to point out that Moriarty didn't actually appear in that many Holmes stories. The Master would be alright as the Doctor's Moriarty, but only if they keep him behind the scenes. :)

Felon

First Post
Well, I always fancied the notion that The Master should develop companions himself (or the evil equivalent thereof). Every master needs a pupil or two.

Felon said:
Well, I always fancied the notion that The Master should develop companions himself (or the evil equivalent thereof). Every master needs a pupil or two.
And then we could have him throw lightning bolts out of his fingers, while his pupil fights with a glowing sword.

Remathilis

Legend
Oh. Ian McDirmand as the Master. That would be Evil...

Aside from the Master, I wouldn't even mind a two-doctors (McGann/Tennant) story about the time war. Bonus: Free Daleks! All the kids love Daleks!

Oh, and I want to be released in America/Canada on a timely basis. This 6 month gap is miserable...

Felon

First Post
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
And then we could have him throw lightning bolts out of his fingers, while his pupil fights with a glowing sword.

Light saber vs. sonic screwdriver? Sounds good to me.

Remove ads