Nullify (Affects Objects)

Velmont

First Post
CPU, one of my character, have that power, so he can nullify all electronic object by draining there power, irtually shutting them down... I have build that power on a 3PP/rank power base, with the +1 extra and -1 flaw that was approved. Reading it, it make sense it could be a 2PP base Nullify... well, only thing that bug me, it is that I had to approve it to use it, which but me in conflict with that proposal... so only Bront have no interess in that power, but he has voted Yes.

Velmont

First Post
Let's just say I am in no hurry, as that power is not usable, since I have the illusion device in the array instead for this mission. It will gives the time for this discussion to end before I need to make the change.

Salix

First Post
Wanted to button this up. As I read it, this is OK approved content for this use of nullify (2 of possible 3 yes votes). Velmont might have to tweak CPU for the duration effect. If that is correct could we put it in the approved content and archive this thread.

hero4hire

Explorer
Equipment and Devices are a recognized Descriptor.

The Nullify Power with Extras Affects Objects and Flaw Only Affects Objects seems unneeded and just a longhanded way of stating Nullify (Objects).

I agree that Equipment has inherent limitations and if Nullified may need to be repaired somehow.

I suggest if one wants to affect Devices similarily that they Buy a Sustained Duration and Use the Houserule Author Steve Kenson suggested.

Salix

First Post
What's up with this one? I proposed it so I can't vote, BUT it affects one of my characters so I'd like to see it resolved.

hero4hire

Explorer
Heh! I think this may have been proposed before I was a Judge.

Well I still believe that this is covered by the Rules already. How does the Extra and the possible flaw differ Mechanically then attributing the Nullify to a particular descriptor? In this case Objects

If it can alreadty be done by RAW I dont see a reason for an Extra Rule.

But if you are looking for a particular effect that can't be covered by RAW by adding this I may change my opinion.

rgordona

Explorer
Yes

Since H4H's only problem seems to be that you can do this anyway and I have no real problem aproving content which clarifies things which are already legal but obscure.

[sblock]All yeses so far, but that is because I am putting the harder ones to the bottom of my list to think about further.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases