How Much Money?

JoeGKushner

First Post
So how much money is everyone bringing to Gen Con?

I figure I'm going to be out at least $200.

$75 for the big old Dungeon of Graves (RAR by Necromancer)
$70 for Goodman's Campaign (It looks fun.)
$40 for Dice (I want a set of those metal dice. The Iron Heroes boxed set's chrome d20 spoiled me.)

I figure there's be other stuff but those are three things I'd like to get on the first day of the con.

(This doesn't count Ptlous which I've already preordered!)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Joe,

I'm broke therefore I don't go to GenCon this year.

Maybe in 2009. :p :)

But hey have fun and please let me know what you think of RAR. (I may have pre-ordered but dude so wanting to see other peoples' thoughts.)

Crothian

First Post
More then I should. Food is usually a bigger cost then I plan. There is not a lot of must have new products for me this year, but I like to find the old books at the used book places as well as look at the Card Games Time Forgot.

Nightfall

Come on Crothy! You now you want a box set of Rappan Athuk. Deep deep down there! If only to compare to say Undermountain! ;)

Crothian

First Post
Nightfall said:
Come on Crothy! You now you want a box set of Rappan Athuk. Deep deep down there! If only to compare to say Undermountain! ;)

I do want it and will get one. But I don't think I need to get it at Gen Con. THere are few big new releases that I feel I have to get right away. ;)

JVisgaitis

Explorer
Hmm, I'm not sure maybe $300. This is what I have my eyes on:

-Thieve's World (I know I'm way behind on this, but Crothian has me interested in it.)
-Warlords of the Accordlands (I've been interested in this since day one.)
-Ptolus (This is a real long shot for me. I want to look through it, but I doubt I'll buy a city campaign.)
-Dreamblade (Wil Upchurch has me hooked. Looks very cool.)
-New Battlemat. (I want to pick up either one of the flip mats by Steel Sqwire or Tact Tiles. I'll decide at the show.)
-Rackham's Cadwallon. (I don't even play any of Rackham's games, but the art and layout is so inspiring I usually make a purchase of their latest product at Gencon.)

Nightfall

JV,

I'm sure Crothy can better iteriate the pros of Thieves World, but for me, it was just a chance to see what Green Ronin could do after Black Company. (Semi-similiar veined fantasy in some ways.) I was most definately impressed.

If you're unsure about spending that much money on a city product, Bard's Gate by Necromancer Games offers near similiar feel for less money. But I will admit, having Erik Mona say "It's damn good" makes me change my mind somewhat.

Will's a good guy and all...but no sort I'm not into do more randomized minis, no matter how cool they might look.

Again up to me, I'd buy Rappan Athuk Reloaded and maybe Goodman Games new product, but hey it's your cash JV. You do what you want. Just offering my two cents.

JoeGKushner

First Post
-Rackham's Cadwallon. (I don't even play any of Rackham's games, but the art and layout is so inspiring I usually make a purchase of their latest product at Gencon.)

Ah, another one I forgot about. I'm a big fan of Confrontation and Dogs of War (although I get little game play in.)

Remove ads