Into Khybers Gate

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]I'm going to retool Bloodtalon as an Urban Ranger today, then as soon as he is approved, I can join up. Its easy enough for me to pop into the back room as he's a sneaky sort anyways.

PVP, we had one duel in the inn which didnt actually make it outside or something like that. Other than that no I dont think there have been any PVP stuff.[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Erekose13 said:
[sblock=ooc]I'm going to retool Bloodtalon as an Urban Ranger today, then as soon as he is approved, I can join up. Its easy enough for me to pop into the back room as he's a sneaky sort anyways.

PVP, we had one duel in the inn which didnt actually make it outside or something like that. Other than that no I dont think there have been any PVP stuff.[/sblock]

ooc:
[SBLOCK]
A streetwise character certainly would come in handy. If you'd like to bring him along, feel free. You can adventure with us till approved and then qualify for the exp and such. Some possible hooks for him is he's eavesdropping on the conversation, overheard Aiden, or follows the other two out of curiousity.
[/SBLOCK]

Erekose13

Explorer
A soft clicking heralds the entry of a short cloaked individual. "That one." he begins indicating the paladin that had immerged from the back room a few minutes earlier. "Intimated that there might be work for those of moral ambiguity. As some one quite familiar with the streets of Sharn, I thought I might offer my services." The cloaked figure throws back his hood and reveals a crow-like face, beak and all. "Bloodtalon, first Investigator of Malleon's Gate."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Crei Ahkran looks over the newcomer with a critical eye. "Hmm, how interesting. I confess I've never seen one of your kind before though I've heard rumors of your existence. Considering where these two are going, one such as yourself might make the journey a little less suspicious. Very well, I will make you the same offer I made them."

He repeats all of the same details regarding the Dragon's Blood to Bloodtalon.

Knight Otu

First Post
Sedar looks at the uncloaked face and nods as though he expected such a face - which he didn't, having no idea what Bloodtalon actually is. "Yeah, I think we can use your help, Bloodtalon."

byronhicks

First Post
Welcome, Bloodtalon. I'm sorry, but I've never seen one of your species before. If I may be so bold, what do you call your species?

He takes another drink of the wine, and waits for a reply.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Yes Mr. Ahkran, provided that 300 gold is for each of us, then I accept. I am a Kenku. There are not many of us in Sharn, especially after the loss of my flock. Most of us live in Malleon's Gate, so it's no wonder most people have not heard of us." replies Bloodtalon.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Erekose13 said:
"Yes Mr. Ahkran, provided that 300 gold is for each of us, then I accept. I am a Kenku. There are not many of us in Sharn, especially after the loss of my flock. Most of us live in Malleon's Gate, so it's no wonder most people have not heard of us." replies Bloodtalon.

"Of course, and should you meet with extrodinary success I would be inclined to reward you in kind."

As you prepare to depart, Crei Ahkran gives you the final bit of information you'll need for your mission. He tells you that the proprieter of the Wounded Dragon deep in Khyber's Gate is the one with the recipe you seek. He raises a glass to your health and wishes you a safe return.

Stepping out into the pouring rain you make your way towards Lower Tavick's Landing. The little that you know about the warrens at the bottom of the city is that you will find the deep access elevators there. Traversing the city by skybridges takes some time but when you reach the Landing rain at least has let up. It is early afternoon and you can see the sun just beginning its descent towards the horizon. The Landing is bustling with activity when you arrive. Another lightning rail train has just docked. Passangers carrying luggage clog the walkways along with street side merchants trying to sell them souvieners of their visit to the city. Work crews are also busy unloading cargo from the train and carting it off to the warehouse districts. From here, you cannot see anything that looks like access to the lower regions of Sharn.

Remove ads