Bthuvian Demon Whore

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I haven't seen much discussion of this module and was a little surprised to see it show up in the Ennies list as a result (ditto the impressive showing of Artesia in the nominations). Since ERP does good work generally, I'm guessing it's probably a pretty good module (haven't picked it up yet, I'm bad and should be spanked by a demon whore), but was curious to hear more about it from folks who have.

Who has picked it up, and what can you say about it? Is it a good module beyond the humor? How's the actual humor? Does it work for characters other than the pregenerated one? Could you incorporate it into a campaign or does it work mostly as a stand-alone?

Crothian

First Post
It is a funny module, but also a serious module. It is designed for a solo but can be run for a group of lower level characters. It can fit into a campaign world as easily as most kinda generic modules can. If one can't see Bthuvian Demon Whores in the setting, then it probably won't work.

The PDF is currently on sale.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Does it work for characters other than the pregenerated one?

I guess it could be run with characters other than the pregen, but I think it's probably best using the pregen. He's pretty much a Conan type, a bit of a parody and a bit of an homage. Very high stats (mostly 18s) and some pretty powerful magic items. It strikes me that the module would be most fun using just him.

Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Could you incorporate it into a campaign or does it work mostly as a stand-alone?

It seems best as a stand-alone, in my opinion.

Definitely had an old-school feel, I think. I thought it was pretty good. (I really should write a review).

It could make an interesting side adventure for those times when half the players don't show up, and it should slot easily into pretty much anything that isn't too locked down (like say, Midnight). Flavor-wise, I'd think it would work in FR, Greyhawk, Thieves' World, Conan, probably Eberron depending on region.

diaglo

Adventurer
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
Definitely had an old-school feel, I think. I thought it was pretty good. (I really should write a review).

gotta quote this for troof.

i really enjoyed it.

Crothian

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
It was the first game product I've bought in 20 years where my initial reaction was "How will I explain this to my parents?" :lol:

You've been gaming for twenty years and you are still explaining things to your parents? ;) :p

Agent Oracle

First Post
I made one...

192991521_5d84bf32db.jpg

or two...

192999716_5c71b5e806.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases