Overcoming 'True Seeing'

KarinsDad

Adventurer
rgard said:
Maybe research a Greater Non-Detection.

As written, both Nondetection and Mind Blank could foil most divination spells.

The "such as" clause in Nondetection merely gives examples of what can be stopped. Nondetection does not state that it stops Scry, but it does stop Crystal Balls. So, would you rule that it does not stop Scry because it does not explicitly state that?

I find it odd that people think it is ok for True Seeing to negate most of the illusion school of magic for all illusions (plus do all of the other things it does), but not for Mind Blank to negate most of the Enchantment and Divination schools of magic, but only for a single target. Ditto for Nondetection (which requires a roll as well).

PS. I can see a ruling that Nondetection would not stop divination spells not directly targeted at the protected creature. For example, using Commune or Contact Other Plane to find out about the protected creature (since a deity would have no problem making the DC roll every time).

Ridley's Cohort

First Post
Stalker0 said:
The whole True Seeing/Mind Blank argument has been thrown around a 100 times, anyone know if any kind of conclusion was reached?

I assume you are exercizing the devilish side of your sense of humor.

I know I reached a conclusion. Anyone else?

:p

ElectricDragon

Explorer
Why not just use the Hide skill? If invisibility is going to be a problem; Hide still works against True Seeing. Add a Cloak of Elvenkind or Elixir of Hiding to up the chance. Cast fog-type spells to decrease sight distance.

Ciao
Dave

the Jester

Legend
I've ruled pretty favorably on mind blank imc. I'm starting to think I may have gone overboard, though. Then again, at the level our 'alpha' party is at (18th-28th), the game itself starts to buckle a little. We'll see how long the ride stays fun. :)

Zimbel16

First Post
rgard said:
Anybody know of a spell or magic item that overcomes True Seeing? I read Non-Detection and I don't think that cuts it.

Thanks,
Rich
Antimagic Field will do just fine. Note that this may well negate whatever effect you were trying to hide from true seeing.

Also, total concealment works fine, so any wall or other object/creature that isn't see-through will prevent True Seeing from seeing through it.

Finally, just stay 121' away :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases