Metropolis - The Weight of the World (and Found Wanting)

What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 42 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ý Ignore Phoenix

Metropolis - The Weight of the World (and Found Wanting)

To many the world is little more than the street that they scrounge for food within, to most the world stretches out through the sprawl of the city they call home, but one thing binds the people of the world, none have seen the outside world, Metropolis is their home.

The dark world of Metropolis is one of a doomed existence, where the people of the world are contained to a single city, and none have ever ventured forth into the wasteland that surrounds it (in fact few have ever even glimpsed the powerful city walls that protect their homes).

Millions of people dwell in the city from all walks of life. Sailors pilot ships through the canals to trade with other portions of the city. Explorers visit far-flung suburbs in an attempt to map the impossibly huge city. Archaeologists delve deep into the earth to discover the origins of their home. Peasants try to earn a living, trying to ignore the worthless existence that they live in.

ďMetropolis - The Weight of the World (and Found Wanting)" is a PbP with a difference. Though the players will be delving though an adventure seeking a resolution, the adventure will be heavily based on the groupís decisions. What does this mean?

Iím looking for four players that can provide a special skill-set for this game. Iím not looking for people that simply respond to the GM whenever he provides a problem, nor simply talks to the other players when an adventure requires a decision. I want four players to play real people.

They must be able to shoot of in tangents, talk politics to each other, and share cake recipes. This game is based more on the players than the story, more on what you do than what I say.

IF you think that you can be a part of this dynamic group, then get a character background posted (be as liberal as you want with your history, but donít go overboard). Many aspects of the background have been left vague at the moment (Iíd like to complete my background based on character histories), and I am keen to post once the players are accepted.

There are only a handful of things to remember:
    - There is no one ruler or god of Metropolis. The cityís population is in excess of ten million people and sprawls across a massive landscape than none have the power to control.
    - No-one has left the city in centuries (though there are urban legends).
    - Even though you are low-level characters, you can still be important. A good background will inspire me to grant you additional items/prestige/money dependant on the needs of the game or the character (a little vague, but youíll get the picture once youíre in).
    - The story is more important than statistics, if you want to play a Commoner, go for it (Iíve always been partial to the Accountant myself).
    - This is a game of storytelling, though there will be combat involved you will be disappointed if you design your character solely for fighting. Pack a sword though.
    - Applicants must be able to post once every 1-2 days, this will be a fast-paced game so if you have holidays or you know you canít keep up, donít apply.
    - This is a new chapter in the story of Metropolis, meaning that you need to know nothing about the previous game (see my sig for links). The game will be set in ENTIRELY NEW SUBURBS of Metropolis, no previous knowledge should be used.

The logistics?
    5th level characters (no need to worry about who is playing what or if you need a cleric).
    28 point statistics buy.
    PHB classes and races only (be creative with the Druid).
    10,000 gp starting money (anything from the PHB or DMG only).

When creating backgrounds, look to the link in my sig to previous players as to what I expect. I am more interested in backgrounds then stats, your story will make the campaign world come alive.
    Last edited by Phoenix; Thursday, 17th August, 2006 at 01:25 PM.
    Recruiting for Living ENSuperheroes.

Spoiler:
    My games:
    Metropolis (The World in Waiting) - Chapter One, Chapter Two, Chapter Three, OOC, RG
    Metropolis (The Weight of the World (and Found Wanting)) - Chapter One, RG, OOC.

Supressive Overlord
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ý Ignore Bront
    My communities:

Welcome back

and UGH! I so want to play, but I think I may be overextended

Maybe Taran can wreck havok with them from above

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

Ý Ignore Scotley
    My communities:

I'll whip up a submission for this one. I can make the posting commitment and I'm definately up for the interactive aspects of this game. I'm thinking a Rogue maybe fighter mix human. His family were local rulers of a district that was entirely destroyed by fire in his youth. He still feels a noble obligation to what he sees as 'his' people, but now works from the shadows as a protector and servant to the people. I'll try and get some history up tonight or in the morning and see if it fits with your vision.

Scout (Lvl 6)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ý Ignore Fenris
    My communities:

Welcome back indeed!

I don't care if I am overextended, there is no way I would miss one of Phoenix's games, especially not Metropolis.

So count me in. I will put up a concept later.

Maybe a priest of the Jackal . Nah, but an accountant does have some possibilities.

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ý Ignore hafrogman
    My communities:

Oooh, I may have to give this a try again, if you'll have me.

Too bad I don't know what ever happened to Nikolai.
    PbP Signature: http://www.enworld.org/forum/5934473-post84.html

Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ý Ignore Ferrix
    My communities:

Very cool looking game... I'll take a closer look at the old links a bit later.

But count me interested
    Lindy hopper, popper, dancer, philosopher, gamer, fledgling capoeirista, so on... so forth

Quote Originally Posted by Wrahn
    You sir, have a talent for finding loopholes.
    The real hero is always a hero by mistake; he dreams of being an honest coward like everybody else.
    -Eco

When one loses the deep intimate relationship with nature, then temples, mosques and churches become important.
    - J. Krishnamurti

http://www.enworld.org/ennies/images...ini_banner.gif

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ý Ignore Festy_Dog
    It's good to see you again, Phoenix.

I'm eager to throw my lot in (as it happens I've got an idea for a wizard) but as the game seems to have attracted a fair bit of interest I'm inclined to make way for those who have not yet experienced Metropolis. If there ends up being room for me I'd be overjoyed, but otherwise count me as an alt and I'll cook up something useful just in case a space opens up.
    Festy_Dog - Schweppe's Traditional Ox's Blood, the official drink of your dark masters!

Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ý Ignore Kafkonia
    Based on your comment about playing Commoners, I was getting all excited to play an Expert (an insurance agent.) But then I say "PHB Classes only." So the NPC classes are off limits?
    Kaf's Creation Index

Anarchy! Chaos! Madness! Immorality! It's the return of the Temple of Existential Evil in unHack/Existentialism!

Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ý Ignore Isida Kep'Tukari
    Hmm... I have an interesting fighter that I had for another game that went south. She has an extensive history, though it would have to be tweaked to account for her being a city dweller. I shall see what I make of her for this game.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ý Ignore Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafkonia
    Based on your comment about playing Commoners, I was getting all excited to play an Expert (an insurance agent.) But then I say "PHB Classes only." So the NPC classes are off limits?
    Well, DMG classes as well

Amazing to attract the ol' players so fast, and I bask in your compliments
    Recruiting for Living ENSuperheroes.

Spoiler:
    My games:
    Metropolis (The World in Waiting) - Chapter One, Chapter Two, Chapter Three, OOC, RG
    Metropolis (The Weight of the World (and Found Wanting)) - Chapter One, RG, OOC.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 42 1234567891011 ... LastLast