Who puts a sandwich in the 'fridge?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I have some home recipes for kinds of veggie-salads that need time to marinate. Some even taste better chilled- typically something with a sharp, tart flavor (like from a vinegar).

Also, certain leafy green sandwich veggies, cucumbers & other watery veggies have a better texture if served fresh from the fridge- they have a certain refreshing crispness that dissapears if room temp.

Mycanid

First Post
Of course!

The Tomato-Cucumber-Onion salad with Olive Oil, Wine Vinegar, Dill, Salt, Pepper and Garlic is a most desirable combination if served cold ... especially if these veggies are all home grown and not from the supermarket! :)

Stormborn

Explorer
OK, so yes, I see why it would be best to keep some kind of salad or spread cold until right before eating. Makes perfect sense. By why put it on the bread ahead of time? Doesn't that make the bread all squishy or stale?

Mycanid said:
Of course!

The Tomato-Cucumber-Onion salad with Olive Oil, Wine Vinegar, Dill, Salt, Pepper and Garlic is a most desirable combination if served cold ... especially if these veggies are all home grown and not from the supermarket! :)

You forgot the pepperoni, salami and ham.

Mycanid

First Post
Roderigo - the particular recipe I use is a Bulgarian recipe and it is a meat free one. Just as well as I am a no red meat/poutry vegetarian.

Stormborn - No ... the bread does not get soggy. At least mine doesn't! :confused: Be aware that I usually only leave it in for one day max.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Mycanid said:
Of course!

Ewwwww.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Mycanid said:
Of course!

Sounds delicious! :cool:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I eat those, but without salt.

Two of the nicest UNUSUAL sandwiches I've had in some time are:

The Grapevine, Tx Main Street Bakery's BLT- a grilled Brie, lettuce & tomato sandwich. Simple & tasty!

Some restaraunt in St. Petersburg, Russia's Salmon sandwich: Dark Bread (rye or pumpernickel?), buttered, seasoned with dill and fresh cilantro, with a few slices of tomato and a BIG slab of raw salmon. That's right...RAW ! It rocked, UTTERLY!

So utterly, that it may, in fact, be the Ronnie James Dio of unusual sandwiches.

(For those squeamish about raw fish, it would proabably also work well with lox...)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases