Craft/Time Point Proposal & Discussion

Erekose13

Explorer
Okay I've also adapted this tips and tricks post as well.

Tips and Tricks to Artificers ~ Creating Magic Items
1. Get your UMD up as high as you can.
a. You can purchase a Masterwork Tool for 50gp that will give you +2 to any one skill (UMD in this case).
b. @ 2nd level you get +2 synergy from Spellcraft for scrolls.
Note: You're +2 from your artificer class does not count towards crafting.
Note: The Skill Enhancement infusion also does not count towards crafting because the duration is too short.

2. Spend it or loose it.
a. You need to spend your Craft Reserve each level of you loose it.
b. You can choose not to advance a level until after you have spent your Craft Reserve for the prior level
c. make sure to keep track of what your UMD bonus is when you are crafting.

3. Multiple spells per scroll
a. you can put upto 6 spells on one scroll. The problem is that you have to make your UMD check for each spell you emulate. If you fail one you loose the whole scroll.
b. This saves you craft days (1 scroll = 1 day), but can cost if you fail.
c. If you are crafting a scroll with 1 spell repeated 6 times, roll just once.

4. Last ditch effort.
a. If you fail any of the UMD checks to emulate spells, you can reroll one of them at the end of the day used to create that scroll.
b. Therefore if you have 1 spell on 1 scroll, you get two rolls to make it.
c. If you have 6 spells on 1 scroll, you can roll one of the UMD checks twice.

5. Action Points
a. If you fail by a little bit you can spend an action point to add +d6 to your roll.
b. Given that your 1st level action points are use them or loose them too, spend away at first level.
c. As with Craft Reserve, you can delay your advancement to your next level to craft items and that includes using Action Points if you fail rolls.

hornedturtle

First Post
So if my character got approved on 5-10 and i haven't adventured yet i should have 108 (soon to be 109) craft days? Where do they go on the standard character sheet? Can they be used to repair a Warforged?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases