Craft/Time Point Proposal & Discussion

Rystil Arden

First Post
Basically, if a divine caster wants a wizard or artificer to scribe a scroll for them, the spells scribed to the scroll would still be divine and not arcane. Likewise the reverse would be true if we use the archivist, a sorcerer could use his spell known to assist the archivist who is scribing, but the sorcerer spell would still be an arcane spell and unable to be used by the archivist.

What if a Bard and a Cleric cooperated to make a scroll of CLW?

Ferrix

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
I have no problem with this. The caveat is that you aren't going to find a 'mysterious assistant' NPC, not in Eberron, the land where the heads of major religions are level 2.

Bwahahaha!

Regarding the bard & cleric cooperating... well, they may have to decide if it is arcane or divine, but not both?

Although I think that only applies to scrolls, as wands and potions aren't classed by divine or arcane, only scrolls are.

I think we could add that stipulation for the artificer as well.

Erekose13

Explorer
who provided the spell component. I when we allow cooperative item creation, each component of the item must be spelled out who does what.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Rystil Arden said:
I have no problem with this. The caveat is that you aren't going to find a 'mysterious assistant' NPC, not in Eberron, the land where the heads of major religions are level 2.
Unless you are in Flamekeep, and jump up to 14th. ;)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
who provided the spell component. I when we allow cooperative item creation, each component of the item must be spelled out who does what.
What if a Bard and Cleric team up to make a scroll that has CLW and Hideous Laughter on it. The Bard knows and contributes Hideous Laughter but not CLW, and the Cleric contributes CLW.

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:

What about building a mysterious assistant npc? A Dedicated Wright, I think it's called. I would expect that this would provide a very significant benefit.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Patlin said:
What about building a mysterious assistant npc? A Dedicated Wright, I think it's called. I would expect that this would provide a very significant benefit.
Huh? I'm not sure I understand this post. If you mean that players are allowed to create random NPCs who provide their spells and a day of their time for free, then no.

stonegod

Patlin said:
Dedicatd wright handles all the mundane aspect of the crafting after the its owner starts it up; it does not handle any of the spell-casting or other pre-req generation. It supposed to only manage the time aspect.

BTW: For those that are not in the know, dedicated wright is an ECS homunculus.

stonegod

Rystil Arden said:
What if a Bard and Cleric team up to make a scroll that has CLW and Hideous Laughter on it. The Bard knows and contributes Hideous Laughter but not CLW, and the Cleric contributes CLW.
The more loops you describe, the more my "only casters of the same type on the same scroll (or artificers UMD'ing)" makes sense to me (i.e., my weaker proposal). Solves the multi-typing issue.

Patlin

Explorer
stonegod said:
Dedicatd wright handles all the mundane aspect of the crafting after the its owner starts it up; it does not handle any of the spell-casting or other pre-req generation. It supposed to only manage the time aspect.

BTW: For those that are not in the know, dedicated wright is an ECS homunculus.

Yeah, basically you fiddle with the Dedicated Wright, go on your adventure, and the item is finished when you come home.

And I'm mixing up the conversation, because I was going back to craft points/time not prerequisites. Sorry about that.

What effect will a Dedicated Wright have on spending craft points?

Remove ads