Craft/Time Point Proposal & Discussion

Rystil Arden

First Post
stonegod said:
Few things:
- Give up a feat while it is crafting? That is not a reading I took, nor it is implied by my reading.
- You need Craft Construct to create it (which requires Craft Wondrous and Craft Arms/Weapons and CL 5+), so it isn't being created before 6th level at best.
Even if you supplied multiples of the spell on the first day, the homunculus (or somebody else) needs to provide the feat prereq each day of the casting. This is one of the reasons I took the text to mean that the creator has to show up each day. I suppose, as others have, that if you extrapolated (and I'll admit it is not written anywhere in the text, just like for the spells) that the caster gives the feat up to the homunculus for the duration of crafting, then it would be able to do this. As it stands, the text explicitly states that the homunculus only provides time and not any other prerequisites.

Knight Otu

First Post
stonegod said:
Few things:
- Give up a feat while it is crafting? That is not a reading I took, nor it is implied by my reading.
I agree with not the feat. However, the spell prerequisites are channeled into it.
stonegod said:
- You need Craft Construct to create it (which requires Craft Wondrous and Craft Arms/Weapons and CL 5+), so it isn't being created before 6th level at best.
4th for artificers.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Additionally on the 'give up the feat' front, it doesn't really matter if you give up the feat or not, since you aren't allowed to start another item anyway until the first one finishes or it fails.

IcyCool

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
This is one of the reasons I took the text to mean that the creator has to show up each day.

The text also states that the master can go off on an adventure. So unless the adventure is supposed to be wrapped up in an afternoon, or it isn't very far away and the master can take a "time-out" to go and assist his wright, then the text is at odds with your interpretation.

Rystil Arden

First Post
IcyCool said:
The text also states that the master can go off on an adventure. So unless the adventure is supposed to be wrapped up in an afternoon, or it isn't very far away and the master can take a "time-out" to go and assist his wright, then the text is at odds with your interpretation.
Right, it is clear that the text contradicts itself. It requires further interpretation to allow that particular clause (which is a nonmechanical flavour description of what you can do) to be true.

IcyCool

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Right, it is clear that the text contradicts itself.

I disagree. I think that the text is unclear, not that it contradicts itself. Clearly, we know what it is supposed to do, but it doesn't properly explain mechanically how it's done.

Rystil Arden

First Post
IcyCool said:
I disagree. I think that the text is unclear, not that it contradicts itself. Clearly, we know what it is supposed to do, but it doesn't properly explain mechanically how it's done.
It is contradictory unless you assume several extra things that aren't written there, is what I meant ;)

Patlin

Explorer
IcyCool said:

That's a very clear way of putting it, and I agree. If this happened in a face to face game and I was DM, I'd have to fill in the blanks with a house rule. Several possibilities spring to mind.

Erekose13

Explorer
Patlin, something you mentioned above struck me. Does the artificer ability to craft a homunculous only allow them to make 1? I always took it to mean that they gained a feat and could use it to build as many as they like.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Patlin, something you mentioned above struck me. Does the artificer ability to craft a homunculous only allow them to make 1? I always took it to mean that they gained a feat and could use it to build as many as they like.
They don't gain the feat, but they seem to be able to create and upgrade an unlimited number as if they had the feat.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases