Fiat Lux: Free OGC Campaign Setting

Ralts Bloodthorne

First Post
OK, since I've taken the thread Work Intensive Guide to World Building pretty far, I figured I'd PDF the first part of it, and put it up.

No, no artwork. Artwork costs money. This is free. That means no money. No money means no artwork.

But besides that, any comments?

Remember, this is only the first document, mainly focusing on the world itself and the basic overarching changes.

Attachments

• Fiat Lux Part I.rar
    318.4 KB · Views: 167

Ralts Bloodthorne

First Post
Next file, a kingdom.

It's not done. I'll do city data in other PDF's, or maybe back in this one.

Probably could use editing.

Anyway, enjoy.

Once again, you'll need the latest version of WinRAR and the latest Adobe Viewer.

Attachments

• Machevel Kingdom.rar
    369.9 KB · Views: 131

Roudi

First Post
PDFs are nice, but I prefer wikis for my campaign worlds. So I took the liberty of translating as much of the Fiat Lux PDF into TiddlyWiki format.

Fiat Lux is online here

I got as far as "On Magic". Hopefully I can finish it, and the Machevel Kingdom document (complete with more cross-referencing than an amateur occultist) in a short amount of time.

I also took the liberty of correcting your OGL... you were missing two very important S15 entries.

There might be an OGL issue inherent in this setting: namely, the PHB gods aren't open content. They aren't WotC product indentity either, but there is some question as to whether their names can be used like this (it might be fine for the astral bodies and geographic locations, but not sure about the actual gods themselves).

Something to look into.

Ralts Bloodthorne

First Post
The new map is up. That finished the interior valley we're working with, with the exception of city names within Kingdoms.

Also included is a large tract of "haunted" forest. In the entire forest, there is ONE human settlement, and that's a walled fortress. The road is often blocked off with fallen trees, or centuries old trees standing in the middle of the road. Lumberjacks are highly paid, and often suffer accidents.

There are rumors of elven cities within the woods, that were destroyed by unknown means. Tales of those cities are used a foolishness parables, as even the elves acknowledge that the forest itself destroyed their cities.

Attachments

• ENWorld-World-7.FCW
    960.1 KB · Views: 98

Numion

First Post
First we had Accordlands, now Fiat Lux .. what's with the automotive themed campaign names? :confused:

Just kidding. I'll go prep my Lexuslands now :p

Ralts Bloodthorne

First Post
Numion said:
First we had Accordlands, now Fiat Lux .. what's with the automotive themed campaign names? :confused:

Just kidding. I'll go prep my Lexuslands now :p

I went with Fiat Lux, latin for "Let There Be Light"

Oh well, no biggee. Now, on to finishing another kingdom PDF

Remove ads