Subscribing to a thread?

pensiv

Explorer
as far as I can tell, the post by Umbran is a misconception. E-mail notification is not Subscription.

If you want to subscribe to a thread, click on the "Subscribe to this Thread" link at the bottom of the page.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Yes, apparently I am incorrect. It was as I described back earlier this month, when Morrus first tried these boards. I had thus confused the little black dot on the envelope icones to mean "you are subscribed to" rather than "you have posted to". Next time I'll just keep my mouth shut.

pensiv

Explorer
well Umbran, I'm sorry, your misinformation was my fault. When we had this set up earlier and someone asked about the black dot (was it you? I thought it was Eric Noah) I replied that it meant subscription, but then I amended that statement saying that the black dot simply signified having posted in a thread.

I had said that at that time because it was true at the time, but some setting changed and is no longer true.

Once again I'm sorry I caused confusion. Just remember, I may be answering all these questions, but that doesn't make me right. ;)

Remove ads