Strahd's "RttToEE" - recruitment, 1 Arcane caster needed.

Years ago, brave heroes put the denizens of the Temple of Elemental Evil to the sword. Now, darf forces whisper again in the shadows of the once deserted temple - forces far more insidious and dangerous than any person could dream. Evil has risen again to threaten the village of Hommlet.

The recruitment will end around 6Aug.
Ability to post at least four times per week is required
Post your characters over here, when the day come I'll post the chosen ones.
Greyhawk knowledge is not necessary but will help you to come up with detailed background of your characters, here and there I will use "terms", names and places from Oerth.
Helpful information can be taken from my webpage if you want - Greyhawk page Check out races, history and misc. for valuable information

Starting point – Free city of Verbobonc, Viscounty of Verbobonc, Veluna.
I want the following characters as I assume they will work the best as a party and with the following background lines:
1. Representative from Veluna - Oeridian Human (Paladin or Cleric) of (Rao or Pelor or St. Cuthbert), can even be a member from Knights of the Hart
2. Representative from Furyondy - any race that is job is a Royal soldier of Furyondy. (fighter or Paladin even a scouting ranger)
3. Representative from the elven community of Highfolk (High Elf or Gray Elf)
4. Representative of the Dwarven kings from the mighty Kingdom of the Lortmills (Hill dwarf)
5. Representative from the circle of eight, a minor acolyte that serves one of the following wizards (Jallarzi of Greyhawk, Bigby of Mitrik, Otto or Warens starcoat of Urnest)
6. One more that is not the same as the others. (Druid, Barbarian or what ever you wish)

The Alts that I will choose are going to be inactive crown agents in Hommlet and the surroundings.

House Rules:
I'm looking for 6 players + 2 Alts
starting level will be 4.
max LA allowed is LA+1 (Aasimar and etc.)
34 points for abilities
Max HP at 1st level. Average HP per level.
Book allowed - core books, The complete series, Planar Handbook, deities and demigods, libris mortis, Frostburn.
-- For the 3.0 sources, get the 3.5 update
No psionics.
No evil characters
6000 gold for equipment (no more than 3000 gold on any one item)
Players will use invisible castle for die rolling
Highlight your HP and wounds ... i.e: Godoth Fighter 3 HP: 13/20
list your spells in a spoiler box.
Please write the full skill list, not only the ranked (even those with 0 ranks)
please put your character sheet in a spoiler box

New Rules:
New Skill - Wrestle
Trained only (Str)- Useful for Barbarians and Gladiators.
Cross class for: All except Barbarians , Fighters.
bonus will calculated when using grapple , Bull rash and Trip combat modes.
Spontaneous Casting:
Instead of converting spells to cure/cause wounds .
the cleric can convert is "regular spells" only to domain spells
in the same level power . This rule show the spiritual connection
Between the cleric and his god.

Chosen:
1. Voadam
2. Stone god
3. Land Outcast
4. Rhun
5. Kafkonia
6. Tonks

Last edited:

Human in the world of Greyhawk

[sblock=Humans in the world of Greyhawk]
Oeridians: The Oeridians have fairly dark skins, varying from tan to olive colors, but their hair color runs the range from honey blond to black, with brown and auburn the most common. Their eye colors are likewise variable.Perrenland, Furyondy, the Shield Lands, the Great Kingdom of North Aerdy, the United Kingdom of Ahlissa, Onnwal and Sunndi.

Baklunish: The Baklunish people have golden-hued skins, gray-green or green eyes, and hair ranging from dark brown to blue-black.Baklunish are recognised for their magical skill. They are especially noted for inventing new elemental spells. Zeif, Ull, Ekbir and the Tiger Nomads are the best examples of pure Baklunish folk , Baklunish features can he seen mixed with those of other races in the nations of Ket and Tusmit, and among the Wolf Nomads and the Paynim tribes.

Suloise: The Suel were scattered to the margins of the Flanaess in the distant past, so it is small wonder that most Suel blood has been intermized with other racial groups. The Suel are fairskinned, some being almost albino, with red or blond (even platinum blond) hair and blue, gray, or violet eyes. The Frost, Ice and Snow Barbarians are the best examples of pure Suel blood. Suel descendants are also predominant in the Duchy of Urnst, the islands off the eastern coast of the Flanaess, and the lands of the Scarlet Brotherhood on the Tilvanot Peninsula. Some Suloise settled in the Amedio Jungle and Hepmonaland, where they became tanned and freckled.

Flan:The original human occupants of the Flanaess had bronze complexions varying from coppery tones to deep brown. Their eyes were dark brown, even black, or rarely amber. Likewise, their hair was always dark brown or black. The Flan are now scattered to the winds. The Duchy of Tenh boasts of a pure Flan , Geoff and Sterich, while slightly mixed with other races , strong Flan roots are the Rovers of the Barrens, Stonehold and the Theocracy of the Pale.
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
I am definitely interested in this one, especially since I didn't have time to get my submission together for your "Lost Caverns" game. As a matter of fact, I've already got a 3rd level Greyhawk Dwarven Fighter that just needs some updating to fit what you are looking for...

I should add that I've never played or read RttToEE, but as you know I am very familiar with the original ToEE. I don't think that would be a problem though, will it?

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
I'm interested.

A question on wrestling skill, it goes up as a skill and can replace the straight str check on a trip attempt? Even when using a trip weapon?

What are the domains of Rao, Pelor, and Cuthbert?

I am familiar with GH (mostly pre 3e) and I own and have read RttTEE when it first came out though I would not open it during the game and would diligently keep ooc info ooc.

Last edited:

Rhun said:
I am definitely interested in this one, especially since I didn't have time to get my submission together for your "Lost Caverns" game. As a matter of fact, I've already got a 3rd level Greyhawk Dwarven Fighter that just needs some updating to fit what you are looking for...
I should add that I've never played or read RttToEE, but as you know I am very familiar with the original ToEE. I don't think that would be a problem though, will it?

Rhun, you are most welcome to the game.
I began to run RttToEE to my group one year ago and then the group disassembly, so I'm going to run it over here, as for ToEE – let us assume that everyone knows about the legend of the temple and the characters got access to the books and stories of the temple.

*Everyone heard about Zirat the gladiator that freed the temple and cleared all the evil denizens within :lol:

as for the dwarven fighter - Good enough as a Representative of the Dwarven kings

Last edited:

Voadam said:
I'm interested.

A question on wrestling skill, it goes up as a skill and can replace the straight str check on a trip attempt? Even when using a trip weapon?

What are the domains of Rao, Pelor, and Cuthbert?

I am familiar with GH (mostly pre 3e) and I own and have read RttTEE when it first came out though I would not open it during the game and would diligently keep ooc info ooc.

Welcome Voadam.

"can replace the straight str check on a trip attempt? "
Yes, you replace the skill bonus with your str
"Even when using a trip weapon?"
No, with bare hands only.

Pelor (Sun, Strength, Healing, Good)
Rao(Healing, Good, Knowledge, Law)
St. Cuthbert (Good, Law, Strength, Protection)

I'm trusting that you'll keep ooc info ooc Voadam, beside it I'm making my own changes to the adventure to fit into my campaign idea, so be ready to meet some strange beings.

Kafkonia

First Post
I'm aiming towards a Neanderthal barbarian -- that should be kosher, since Frostburn is accepted, right? Someone who has come to the more temperate climes due to his overwhelming curiosity, and who takes up the adventure for much the same reason.

I'll get a better write-up when I can get at my book this evening.

Voadam

Legend
Two concepts are jumping out at me.

1 Spellthief agent of the circle. Someone excited at the chance to use his magical talents on an important mission for his distant mage master.

2 Velunese Rao cleric with healing and knowledge (knows about the flight of fiends, past temple actions, and such legendary celestial heroes as Sir Merrick Garland :) ).

Rhun

First Post
Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:
*Everyone heard about Zirat the gladiator that freed the temple and cleared all the evil denizens within :lol

Voadam said:
and such legendary celestial heroes as Sir Merrick Garland :) ).

Those worthy heroes haven't succeeded...yet. :D

Land Outcast

Explorer
Hum...

Coming from the Bandit Kingdoms in search of more hospitable/profitable land, a fiendish-blooded swordman and duelist in exploration of his own ability. He keeps the ebon scales on the back of his hands covered by tight-wrapped bandages.

Some suggestions (and help, for example, what are exactly the Bandit Kingdoms? Are they far away from Veluna?) would be appreciated given my poor knowledge of Greyhawk.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases