Blood of The Werewolf [Erekose 13 Judging][Concluded]

Boddynock

First Post
Eusebius listens courteously as Rowan explains his desire to read. When he mentions the Mortalist, Eusebius exclaims in delight. "Kirin - it was she who recruited me and my companions to cleanse the mine of its undead scourge. She is a fine person, indeed. Gladly would I carry on her good work. Indeed, I would happily have helped you where I could, since all forms of illumination gladden the heart of the Shining One."

Rowan finds Eusebius a good teacher, albeit a slightly fussy one. And as they spend time together he discovers in the monk a poetic streak which is not readily apparent on first meeting.

After sitting with Rowan for some time, Eusebius will rise, stretch, and bid the others good night. Before he lies down to sleep, however, he prays for healing for himself.

Finally he lies down and, pulling his blanket around him, falls fast asleep.

[sblock=OOC]Blood of the Werewolf; Outside Rivenblight; Cure Light Wounds (1d8+1=9)

Eusebius casts Cure Light Wounds & 3 Cure Minor Wounds on himself.[/sblock]

Patlin

Explorer
The next day is another long day of travelling, as Julianna leads the group towards Mistress Katrina's. By dusk, she's satisfied that you've covered about half of that distance.

You are in the process of setting up camp when you find yourself under attack with no warning whatsoever.

Roll initiative. If anyone has an active ability (as unlikely as that is) that allows you to see into the ethereal plane, you may act in the surprise round.

Patlin

Explorer
Initiative
Rowan (36 of 36 hp, AC 16) Init: 11
Talbin (7 of 7 hp, AC 19)
Vanth (33 of 33 hp, AC 18)
Brother E (23 of 23 hp, AC 16)
Julianna (36 of 36 hp, AC 19) Init: 4
Boog (23 of 23 hp, AC 11)

Monster 1 25
Monster 2 16
Monster 3 15

Popping out of knowwhere, three skeletal creatures attack with unearthly howls that are familiar to you from the last couple of nights. They seem to be canine or possibly feline in shape, but with birdlike heads and whispy flesh that seems to melt off their bones and into the air.

Monster Image

Patlin

Explorer
Code:
  A |B |C |D |E |F |G |H |I |J |K |L |M |N |O |P |Q |R |S |T |U |V |W |X |Y |Z
01  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
02  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
03  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
04  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
05  |  |  |  |  |  |BE|  |  |  |  |m2|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
06  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |m1|Bo|m3|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
07  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
08  |  |  |  |  |  |Ta|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
09  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |Ro|  |  |Ju|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
10  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
11  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
12  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
13  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
14  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
15  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
16  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
17  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
18  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
19  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
20  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
21  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
22  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
23  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
24  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
25  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
26  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |

Patlin

Explorer
Surprise Round
The initial assault is against Boog, who is caught flat footed. All three reach for him, but in their eagerness two of them miss. The attack that does hit drains away some of Boogs mental energy, reducing his available power point total by 6. (25 to 19, if I am reading the character sheet correctly.)

As each one attacks, it vanishes once more.

Manzanita

First Post
The prior evening, to Eusebius. "You know Kirin?! She was my friend. I was very fond of her." He shakes his head. "I was very sad to leave her at the monestary. I did so look forward to traveling with her and learning from her."

Then, to Juliana in the morning. "Mistress Katrina? Who's that? Your mom? How long will you want to spend there? I guess if it's not far and we get a good hot meal and a soft bed, I'd go along with that. Tell us what to expect, though, eh?"

After the assault on Boog, Rowan drops his bedding, picks up his glaive and dashes towards Boog, stopping about 10 feet south. "What in Grendath's name were those ugly things?" He readies an action to smack one if it appears nearby.

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
Then, to Juliana in the morning. "Mistress Katrina? Who's that? Your mom? How long will you want to spend there? I guess if it's not far and we get a good hot meal and a soft bed, I'd go along with that. Tell us what to expect, though, eh?"

ooc: Actually, Bront, if you could either point me toward more information on Katrina or e-mail me some general information, I'd also like to know what to expect! :)

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
Surprise Round
The initial assault is against Boog, who is caught flat footed...The attack that does hit drains away some of Boogs mental energy, reducing his available power point total by 6. (25 to 19, if I am reading the character sheet correctly.)
The creatures seemed to appear right out of the ether, and since Boog had no ability to extend his perception into that realm his response was pitifully slow. Using the sheer force of his mind, Boog attempted to manifest his Power while dealing with the effects of the creature's attacks. Focusing on the mind of the creature who had taken some of his Power, he attempted to instill revulsion toward himself...maybe it would find something else to attack.[sblock=OoC: ]Ok, Initiative roll was d20=3. Boog will use his Concentration skill to manifest defensively, result is d20+8=13. I think that's just enough overcome the attacks, which I believe would have DC13 saving throws if they allowed saves. The intent of manifesting defensively is to avoid AoO's while manifesting.

What Boog is manifesting is Aversion at normal strength. I'm betting that any of the creatures I can affect with this will either stay etherial for the duration of the power (several hours), or else go pick on some other party member.

And 19/25 is correct. After manifesting Aversion, he'll be at 16/25 PP.[/sblock]

Remove ads