Blood of The Werewolf [Erekose 13 Judging][Concluded]

Patlin

Explorer
Round 1 Concludes
...after closing the door and drawing his blade, Talbin attempts to slip into the shadows (at H17). He has concealment but not total concealment at that location, and he doesn't think he has succeeded.

Shere Khan shifts to Tiger form with an enormous roar.

Julianna manifests a power -- she didn't have time to manifest Toughen Skin before combat, so clarify which one -- and draws her short sword and shield.

Brother E casts bless.

Rowan, Blessed, Max Power Attack with Flail (1d20+4=21, 1d10+12=17) Rowan hits Shere Khan for 7 damage. (I'd agree that the attack penalty on Power Attack would need to be applied to the touch attack roll, though it's moot here.)

Boog hits Shere Khan with his staff. The tiger doesn't even seem to notce. (No damage.)

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: There seem to be some problems with Rowan's character sheet. First and foremost, his new strength of 16 should be giving him a +3 bonus, not a +2. Please confirm your damage when raging with a flail for me, I think it should be 1d10+7+power attack, for 10 damage rather than 7 last round.

Initiative, hp, and status effects
Talbin (18 of 18 hp, AC 19 or 20)
Shere Khan (10 damage?)
Julianna (36 of 36 hp, AC 19)
Brother E (30 of 30 hp, AC 17 with Dodge)
Rowan (53 of 53 hp, AC 14, Raging till end of action in round 7)
Boog (29 of 29 hp, AC 11)

Whole party is blessed

Last edited:

El Jefe

First Post
[sblock=If Shere Khan causes damage to Boog: ]Boog held on to his staff with one hand, and reached forth with the other. His hand seized a fistful of the great cat's fur, and it seemed that deep gashes appeared on the tiger as they disappeared from Boog.[sblock=OoC: ]Manifesting Empathic Transfer, Hostile and succeeding with a melee touch attack. d20+2 (BAB) +1 (Str bonus) +1 (Bless) = 22. Boog will transfer all of his wounds to Shere Khan. Full HP, 29/34 PP.[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=If Shere Khan does not cause any damage to Boog: ]Boog took another swing with his staff, which bounced harmlessly off the creature's magically impervious hide.[sblock=OoC: ]Successful attack roll (d20+3+1(bless)=22), but since no critical, no damage above 10.[/sblock][/sblock]

Boddynock

First Post
Patlin said:
ooc: Let me know if my numbers are wrong!

Initiative, hp, and status effects

Brother E (23 of 23 hp, AC 16)
OOC:
Eusebius will dodge Shere Khan for a total AC of 17.

His HP are 30/30.

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
OOC:
I was going to have Eusebius cast Protection from Evil on Rowan, but since the material component is powdered silver sprinkled around the person to be protected, I suspect that that won't be possible now that we've entered combat.

Could I have a ruling on that please, Patlin?

Patlin

Explorer
Boddynock said:
OOC:
I was going to have Eusebius cast Protection from Evil on Rowan, but since the material component is powdered silver sprinkled around the person to be protected, I suspect that that won't be possible now that we've entered combat.

Could I have a ruling on that please, Patlin?

It has a casting time of one standard action, so the circle must be very vague. It's no more difficult to do in battle than any other one standard action casting time spell.

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: I did note that Rowan would rage. That gives him a str of 20. Thus Rowan's to hit should be +5 (str) +1 bless =+6. His dmg should be +7 (str1.5) +8 power attack, so 1d10+15, for 10 pts dmg. Thanks Patlin. He won't try to trip a tiger, but will try to power attack again in round 2. I'll go ahead & roll. to hit 12+6=18; dmg 5+15=20. Rowan's AC is 14

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
Patlin said:
It has a casting time of one standard action, so the circle must be very vague. It's no more difficult to do in battle than any other one standard action casting time spell.
Eusebius utters a rapturous prayer, steps forward and casts a loose circle of silver dust around Rowan. The barbarian is momentarily bathed in briliant light, and a soft glow surrounds him.

As he does so, he says, "Rowan, give Boog your dagger."

OOC:
Yep, Protection from Evil on Rowan:
  • creates a magical barrier around the subject at a distance of 1 foot
  • gives +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus to saves
  • blocks any attempt to possess the warded creature
  • prevents bodily contact with summoned creatures
  • lasts 20 rounds

By the way, he'll stay out of Shere Kahn's way. The range is touch, so he'll stand behind Rowan to deliver it.

Once Shere Kahn realizes that Boog can return any damage dealt, he can afford to just ignore him, since that quarterstaff does squat! The dagger would at least sting him!

Patlin

Explorer
Previously, in Round 1
Julianna manifested Offensive Presciense, gaining a +2 insight bonus to damage for 4 minutes.

Round 2
[Talbin goes here.]

Rowan's Rage leaves him completely unprepared to defend himself. Claw Claw Bite v Rowan (1d20+14=26, 1d8+7=10, 1d20+14=17, 1d8+7=14, 1d20+9=19, 2d6+3=14) The Tiger claws at him and bites for a total of 38 damage, and tries to get a grip so it can finish him with its rear claws. Grapple Check v Rowan (1d20+16=22) Rowan's Grapple Check, with Rage (1d20+9=19)

It has the Barbarian in its grip, but he manages to struggle enough to elude one of its rear claws. 1d20+11=13, 1d8+3=10, 1d20+11=15, 1d8+3=9 He takes 9 more damage. Only his terrible rage keeps him concious.

(Both Rowan and the Weretiger no longer threaten an area while grappled. I'll pause here in case anyone wants to alter their action to take this into account.)

Remove ads