Blood of The Werewolf [Erekose 13 Judging][Concluded]

Patlin

Explorer
Initiative, hp, and status effects
Talbin (18 of 18 hp, AC 19 or 20)
Shere Khan (10 damage, grappled)
Julianna (36 of 36 hp, AC 19, Offensive Presience)
Brother E (30 of 30 hp, AC 17 with Dodge)
Rowan (6 of 53 hp, AC 14, Raging till end of action in round 7, Grappled)
Boog (29 of 29 hp, AC 11)

Whole party is blessed

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan "Damage Sponge" McTavish knew he was in trouble even before he laid into the weretiger with his flail. He was standing directly in front of a dangerous enemy w/o his silvered battleaxe. Though he had never seen a tiger before, he knew how they would fight. It would leap on him with its claws and teeth, and try to get him down to use its back claws. He knew he would have little chance to escape this attack, and sure enough, it was happening. The tiger wouldn't let him go until he was dead, and he wasn't ready to die.

As the back claws drew up and raked his stomach, he cried out in unfeigned agony, and could feel his blood spill forth over his armor and the tiger's skin. This attack was more than enough to kill any ordinary man. Rowan forced his body to spasm and go limp, offering no further resistance to the beast. His eyes closed and his mouth choked on blood.

OOC: um...play dead. Never tried that before, but Rowan's in a bit of a tight spot. And Rowan is a survivor, perfering to save his own skin above further attacks at this point. I suppose I'll make an untrained bluff check for this: 5+1=6. Oooo, not a very good actor, are you Rowan...

Patlin

Explorer
Earlier in this round, before Shere Khan's attack
Talbin steps back to I,17 and fires a bullet at Shere Khan, which goes a bit wide.

Round 2 Concludes
As he is struck, Rowan goes limp. It's unclear whether this has fooled the Tiger, who is distracted by four other attackers, but party members making a DC 6 sense motive or DC 10 spot check can tell he's faking. (Your choice of skill, but only one roll.)

Julianna steps in, stabbing the Tiger for 13 damage.

Brother E casts Protection from Evil. (Still on Rowan? Probably switching targets to Julianna?) His suggestion to Rowan seems moot.

Rowan plays dead.

Boog slaps ineffectually at the Tiger with his staff. Seeing how much damage Rowan just took, he gulps and considers changing strategies... he might not survive to use his new power, if he becomes the next target!

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: I believe Julianna's AC is actually 21, since she's using her shield. With Protection from Evil, it would be a 23 against the obviously evil lycanthrope.

Edit: And when I say "obviously evil" it's clear from how he was acting that he's evil, normal rules notwithstanding. I'm "rule 0"ing that bit.

Last edited:

B4cchus

Explorer
Talbin repeats his bullet action in round 2 3.
attack 23 for 14 damage. That should do the trick!

i'm totally confused here. i already made the attack for round 2. Sorry! Id say scrap this roll for clearity's sake.To complete the confusion: i meant this as my round 3 action...

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Round 3 Begins
Talbin shoots another silver bullet at the Weretiger, who's still grappling Rowan. In the confusion of the grappling (See here) he accidentally hits Rowan instead. 1=Weretiger, 2=Rowan (1d2=2) Ruling: While often the subject of debate in the rules forum, I find that sneak attack damage does not apply to unintended targets. Talbin hits Rowan for 4 damage.

Shere Khan, apparently believing the Barbarian is no longer a threat, drops him and attacks Julianna... at this point, I'm ruling she was the target of the protection from evil spell, as it makes sense and I need to know.

Patlin

Explorer
Initiative, hp, and status effects
Talbin (18 of 18 hp, AC 19 or 20)
Shere Khan (23 damage, grappled)
Julianna (18 of 36 hp, AC 19, Offensive Presience, Protection from Evil, Grappled)
Brother E (30 of 30 hp, AC 17 with Dodge)
Rowan (2 of 53 hp, AC 14, Raging till end of action in round 7, Prone)
Boog (29 of 29 hp, AC 11)

Whole party is blessed

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases