Blood of The Werewolf [Erekose 13 Judging][Concluded]

El Jefe

First Post
OoC, to Patlin: Sorry about that, I should have remembered. Thanks for resolving it, anyway.

IC, for everyone: Boog regretted not using his new Power, but wasn't about to wait for the thing to chew his companions into little pieces while he waited for an opportunity to use it. He held the thing, not quite helpless but nearly so, for as long as it took for the others to kill it.

OoC again: A Brainlocked creature can defend itself, but can take no offensive actions as it is dazed. Duration is concentration + 1 round, and if that seems unfair, consider that the manifester can't take any offensive actions, either. In short, it's not all that great for many large battles, but is pretty useful for taking out BBEGs.
Manzanita said:
"What the heck happened to this thing? Why isn't it fighting back?"
Boog answered the warrior. "I've locked its higher mind away. It can't think of who to claw, or why." And true to his word, he did not release Shere Khan's mind from his grasp until Shere Khan was quite dead.

Later, when it became obvious that the band would need to make haste lest all of Shere Khan's treasure be lost to flame, Boog dashed up the stairs in the corner of the room to see if any other valuables had been stored upstairs.

Bront

The man with the probe
Juliana takes advantage of her opponet's lack of movement and slits the creatures throat quickly before she slips out. Once she crawls out from under it, she kicks it again, "Bastard."

Juliana looked for the serving girl, "Take something valuable, run off and start a new life. Do not let such a man dominate you again. If you wish, seek out Mistress Katrina to the south, tell her Juliana sent you, and she will welcome you."

She then turned back to the others, "We should gather what we can and leave, quickly, before the town turns into a madhouse."

Bront

The man with the probe
Boddynock said:
As an afterthought, Eusebius turns to Juliana and says, "I don't suppose you have a spell to reveal the presence of magic, do you?"
"I don't deal in magic, only the power of the mind over the body," Juliana says.

Patlin

Explorer
You do a quick search, grabbing up everything you can that might be valuable. You don't find anything magical, but Shere Khan seems to have had a taste for gold... golden cups, golden plates, golden basins... there's a lot of gold. With what loot you can find, you get out of the house. The citizens of Steadwell, as kindly as they might see you rationally, are in a bit of a rage at the moment, and it seems best to be moving on.

You make your way back to the shrine.

B4cchus

Explorer
"It's sad that they don't realise that we did them a big favour. But at least we have some shines now!"

-edit Talin tries to get an estimate onthe value of the shinies (appraise +3; i take it dm will roll).

El Jefe

First Post
Boog seemed a little sullen as the group made its way back to the shrine. Whether that was because he hadn't been able to use his new Power or because he was disappointed that the mob hadn't let them strip the house of anything of value was hard to tell.

Boddynock

First Post
Eusebius rides silently for a time, recollecting the peril just past. He is glad that one more evil has been removed from the world, and yet his heart is downcast at the thought of the person Shere Khan may once have been.

Was he one just such as Vanth - an innocent victim of a foul curse but one who, unlike Rowan's brother, had no-one to seek healing for him? They could not tell, nor, in the end, would it have changed their actions.

Still, Eusebius grieved for a life wasted, and was sickened by the manner of his slaying. There was something lacking in honour to slaughter an enemy held as securely as a trussed pig. But honour or no, he had pledged his support and protection to these, his valiant companions.

And he hadn't hesitated.

Manzanita

First Post
"Boogster, you're a powerful man. Never heard of anything like that before. Sure glad to have you on board. And Eusebius, I'd be several times dead if it weren't for you. I'll miss you guys when this thing is over."

Rowan is happy to have the gold, and not to concerned about where it came from.

Remove ads