Blood of The Werewolf [Erekose 13 Judging][Concluded]

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
[sblock=Sense Motive DC 12]You get the feeling she wants to roll her eyes.[sblock=Sense Motive DC 16]The teenage girl seems to have some issues with respecting her elder, the Swami[/sblock][/sblock]
Boog's eyes narrowed. Was this girl telling him the truth? Was she trying to con him? Boog channeled his Power, reading every emanation of Thought that radiated from the acolyte. He saw through her as clearly as he'd ever seen through any being and wondered if this "Swami" was really worthy of his time?

OoC: Expending his psionic focus to use his Inquisitor feat on the Sense Motive. d20+10+10 (Inquisitor) = 40(!). Best Roll Ever!
Patlin said:
"The Swami teaches how to free ones mind from the confines of the body. If you strive to become a creature of pure thought, you've come to the right master. He also says the student may choose the offering he will make... but as I don't intend to leave my body behind me any time soon, I'd suggest coin. Even a Swami and his humble assistant have to eat!"
Boog's gaze remained fixed upon the lass, but his vision seemed to go right through her. The world momentarily stopped turning as he rechanneled and refocused his Power. His focus returned to her face, his vision clear once again.[sblock=OoC: ]Using Psionic Meditation to regain psionic focus as a move action, and simultaneously using Narrow Mind to gain a +4 on the Concentration check to regain the focus. Taking 10 (not under fire), d20=10 + 9 (concentration + bonus) +4 (narrow mind) = 23 (automatic success)[/sblock]Boog reached into a pocket in his pack, the one where he kept his gold. He retrieved a fistful of the heavy metal. The Elan who would rather walk for days than buy a horse set down with a thump enough gold to feed two ordinary humans for a month. A hint of disdain crept into his voice as he spoke: "This should see to your gross corporeal needs. Now I should like to see if your Swami can take care of mine."[sblock=OoC: ]Offering 30 gp with an attitude. I suspect the price is much cheaper, but Boog doesn't care for the way the girl disrespects Power.[/sblock]"He's either a fraud or she's a fool", thought the telepath. "But if he can do what she says, all the gold in the world is but mere trappings of the real Power that he can give me."

Patlin

Explorer
Her eyes light up at the sight of the gold, and her stomach growls. she gives a quick bow and says that she will tell the Swami of your arrival. Soon, Boog is shown into a back room in which a little old man sits surrounded by the trappings of a meditation chamber. The windows are covered in thick blinds, and the only light comes from aromatic candles.

"Enter, seeker of knowledge. Sit and find peace in your mind, so that your conciousness can be ready to grow."

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
"Enter, seeker of knowledge. Sit and find peace in your mind, so that your conciousness can be ready to grow."
Boog took a seat across from the man. "Now we will find out whether this man knows what is claimed or is merely a charlatan", he thought. "I have read of becoming a creature of pure thought", began the psion. "Can you tell me how this is done?"

Patlin

Explorer
El Jefe said:
"Can you tell me how this is done?"

"First are the simple tasks... you must possess a deep understanding of the powers of the mind, and master the art of reinforcing your essence through mental strength."

The Swami directs Boog through several tests and demonstrations, which Boog (if he chooses to cooperate) is able to pass. Perhaps the most difficult test is that of simple calming meditation, made difficult mostly due to Boogs impatience to learn if he has indeed found what he seeks. Eventually, he clamps down firmly on his anticipation and shows the Swami he can clear his mind.

The old man, forced to concede that the lesser, easier lessons are not apropriate to Boog's level of learning demands Boogs complete attention.

"Watch carefully. Even a master such as myself can only do this a few times each day, as it requires great concentration."

Boog has his doubts as to the Swami's level of mastery, but the old man picks up a shiny pebble in his two hands and begins to concentrate...

Patlin

Explorer
"Watch the pebble carefully." He says.

After another moment of concentration, the pebble falls through his palm.

"That is the first step along the path. You must learn the touch of ether... to touch without touching, to be without being."

Boog wonders if that's all the old man can do... but he thinks he has an inkling as to how to do it!

El Jefe

First Post
Boog stared intently at the demonstration with the pebble. The falling pebble convinced him...this was what he needed to know. A smile slowly crossed his lips.

"The touch of ether...touch as ether", he murmured, the light dawning behind his eyes. If one could make one's hand insubstantial, one could learn to make one's forearm insubstantial as well...and then?

It would take time, but Boog could learn to do this. And with the Companion, he should have lots and lots of time, an eternity of time.

Provided that a weretiger didn't eat him first.

Boog nodded at the old man. "This has been a good lesson", he grinned. He rose to leave. The others were waiting, and he wanted to get some shopping done before he started practicing with his own pebble.

OoC: I think that concludes Boog's little side adventure. I concur with the others, this has been a blast. Patlin, I have to hand it to you...just when I thought I had this character's capabilities all figured out, you found just the right twist to send me back to the drawing board. We'll have to do this again sometime.

Now for that shopping...

B4cchus

Explorer
Yes, shopping!
Talbin is interested in the following gear. What deal could Jules cut him at these:
mithral chainshirt list: 1250
darkwoord longspear list: 350
mw sling list: 300

Bront

The man with the probe
Mithril Chainshirt is normaly 1100, masterwork is already included, btw.
She can probably do:
Chain - 900
Spear - 300
Sling - 250

Juliana's problem, she needs 5,500 gp and 1650 craft points (Adamantine Full Plate) to make what she wants. If she earns to gold, she'll be short the craft points :\ and if she saves them...
Currently, she has 1765 CP and can get to 4640 gp. If she crafts what you want, she ends up with 1590 CP and 5504 gp (aproximately) :\

Any other orders? Depending on what people want, I may still be able to make it work.

Other stuff:
This was blast Patlin. Lots of fun, and well done. Was good to get some little side things done in game too.

Manzanita, I'm probably up for your adventure, Jules is a bit more mercinary, though she had other reasons to go along here as well, but she's not evil, so she'd probably work. Jules is 5th level.

B4cchus

Explorer
Talbin has 900 craft points, without th appropiate craft he can contribute them at half effectiveness. Enough to contibute i'd say. What if i supply some craft points and you give me a super duper special little discount :)

Bront

The man with the probe
Unfortunately, you can't share craft points, as they are time. At least I believe you can't... Otherwise she'd probably be willing, though that leaves her short cash them, though she could probably just sell something at that point. She can take a 10 and make any craft check on anything short of a +3 str longbow.

Edit: Other option... take craft psionic arms and armor, which gives me the CPs...

Last edited:

Remove ads