Inventory Manager

steev42

First Post
I'm wondering if anyone knows of a decent inventory manager program for use. Currently, I use a self-designed excel sheet which works fine for GM use, but doesn't really allow me to share it with the players, particularly if there is hidden elements to an item (charges remaining, for instance), nor does it have room to describe the item as I'd like. Preferably (since at least one of my games is done via FantasyGrounds) something that can be done on the web.

I've started working on a PHP/MySQL version on my own, but the task is quite daunting, and if a solution to this exists already, it would prove to be much easier and quicker. Anyone have any advice?

genshou

First Post
I use an Excel sheet for item tracking for my PCs, and when I run games I use it to track details of party items by putting those details in comment tags. I don't think you really need to get into other methods, especially if they cost money.

Festivus

First Post
I hand out slips of paper or index cards or item cards, all with a code that links back to my excel database. For my online game, they get the code of the item and then update a thread of their own inventory.

steev42

First Post
Festivus said:
I hand out slips of paper or index cards or item cards, all with a code that links back to my excel database. For my online game, they get the code of the item and then update a thread of their own inventory.

Yeah, a message board with individual threads is what I'm using now. I guess I was just hoping for something that would make trading (and most importantly to me, sorting) much easier for them. Ah well.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I use cards, too. Much better than any electronic tool. Each item is on one card. Whoever has the card has the item.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases