Strahd's "RttToEE" - [OOC]

Rhun

First Post
Lenuran needs $$ to buy some pearls (to identify things when we leave Verbobobobobobobobobonc.

For the record, can I just say that I completely DESPISE the 3.x method of identifying items. It is ridiculous to punish the PCs by making them pay to identify the loot that they find. :)

s@squ@tch

First Post
I agree to a certain extent, as I believe the 100gp pearl requirement for the Identify spell is ridiculous, but from a RP perspective, I can see why there is some method of identifying magic items beyond, character "A" picks up the unknown weapon and determines it is a +3 vicious vorpal keen toothpick. PC's can't be expected to know each and every magical item, or whether an un-sentient magical item will tell new users what it does.

That being said, I'm going to modify the identification process in the ATG games.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Well, we have the following loot. I suppose we should decide what to keep, what to sell, etc, etc, etc...

-----

Loot + party equipment:
Gnoll Guards in the Moathouse Dungeon - 72 gold.

Excavated Relics (Room #24) (Female Priest) - Ochre robes, 3 potions, MW Morningstar, splint armor, large steel shield, light crossbow, 10 bolts, 20 gold coins, 20 silver coins, holy symbol. An iron torch and three black cones, A black scepter with violet gems, a small black sphere and a black metal tube.

Gnoll's Ambush - Full plate, MW Great Axe, magical studded leather armor, MW longsword, MW short sword, magical brooch(Thandis), clw potion

Assassins loot 4 scrolls (1 protection from elements fire, 3 clw), necklace, mw rapier, 2 feather tokens (bird), brooch, holy symbol (obex), ring.

Ceremonial relics from the cave #34Asmall black bead, set of silver chimes, bronze brazier and three chunks of incense, skin-covered black drum.

Cleric's Quarters #30two ceramic liquid vials, two scrolls, six tindertwigs, a sheaf of papers with “G.T” letters scribed on the binding.

Up the shaft #32 – small statue, Rapier, buckler, wand, 60 gold, 15 silver, Cloak.

The Big cave with the mad priestPearl of power (level 1), potion, 23 gold coins, gem worth 20 gold.

Temple of Elemental Evil ruins (The Hobgoblin tribe) - 142 gold coins on bodies of fallen hobgoblins. Treasure room: 845 copper, 698 silver, 572 gold.
small iron box witth 10 bloodstones in silk padding (50 gold each), A bolt of cloth with gold embroidery (100 gold), A suit of full plate. golden flagon with obsidian inlays 9200 gold), Silver platter (75 gold), painting of green dragon (120 gold), 6 smokesticks, flask of holy water.

italian = magical

-----

Judging from the strike outs, it looks like somethings were already divied up as well.

I think 1st things first, we should get the remaining magical items identified. Lenuran can do ~ 3 a day w/ the 100gp pearl per item. Then sell those that we don't need.

I'm assuming the golden flagon with obsidian inlays is actually worth 200 gp and not 9200 gp (i'm assuming a typo that involved not using the shift key)

So, the items in need of identification are:
  1. An iron torch and three black cones
  2. small black sphere
  3. magical studded leather armor
  4. necklace
  5. brooch
  6. ring
  7. small black bead
  8. rapier
  9. buckler
  10. wand -- Is this different than the Wand of Invisibility that Lenuran took?
  11. cloak
  12. about 4 potions

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
This is why I like the changes made in the Magic Item Compendium. You still need to spend time/detect magic slots and have enough skill investment in Spellcraft or Arcana. So it isn't free.

Or just get Cannith Monocle from MIC and be done w/ it.

Rhun

First Post
This is why I like the changes made in the Magic Item Compendium. You still need to spend time/detect magic slots and have enough skill investment in Spellcraft or Arcana. So it isn't free.

I don't have the MIC, but this sounds like the same sort of thing I do in my games.

Yeah, the system sucks, but if you encountered a magical item already (potion, wand, etc...) and find it again. I guess that a simple spellcraft check will let you identify it without buying the expensive pearls. The kind DM will go through the item’s list and see what he can reveal without further burden on the character’s purse.

So, the items in need of identification are:
  1. An iron torch and three black cones - Unknown.
  2. small black sphere - Bead of force.
  3. magical studded leather armor - +1 armor bonus.
  4. necklace - Unknown.
  5. brooch - another Brooch of shielding like Thandis have.
  6. ring - Unknown.
  7. small black bead - please delete it. I forgot that the man used it when Miltiade's room in the Wench exploded.
  8. rapier - +1
  9. buckler - +1
  10. wand -- Wand of Invisibility (10 charges)
  11. cloak - Unknown.
  12. about 4 potions - Unknown.

List updated

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases