Strahd's "RttToEE" - [OOC]

HM - ethandrew was supposed to get into the game right about now. He even built a character over here in the ooc thread without posting him in the RG.
Since he is vanished from here, I guess he is not interesting in the game anymore.
So you are welcome to build a character - a wizard level 6 will fit into the niche since our last wizard just died (The player Defcon left) and ethandrew was swollen by the earth itself.

So, welcome, you can build a wizard (Human, Dwarf, Gnome or Half Orc) are the races that are available over here right now.

The party just entered to an inn. The inn is a good place to meet them and be a guide to the "other" temple that on edge where the Kron hills become the Lortmils mountains.

Follow the instructios given to ethandrew numerous post before this one.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Will do, I am working next two days but exspect my human wizard to be ready before my day off Tue. Would you like me waiting in the tavern or coming through the door after the party has settled in?

HM

Last edited:

Will do, I am working next two days but exspect my human wizard to be ready before my day off Tue. Would you like me waiting in the tavern or coming through the door after the party has settled in?

HM

I haven't described a human in the tavern so you can come from outside. I will give you a brief description of what is happening so you can alter your background accordingly.

This is the story so far, do not rely your background on this:
The party was recruited a very long time ago to inspect a possible threat that is happening around the forgotten temple. They headed to Hommlet and found a possible conspiracy of the elder elemental eye group that is leaded by a group called the doomdreamers and their priests used to dressed with ochre robed.

They cleaned an old keep called the Moathouse were they found evidence of another temple that is located on the foot of the Lortmils mountains.
In the mean time, they were asked by the local rulers of Hommlet to clean the old temple from Hobgoblins and in favor they helped them to restore Korbryn [Rhun character] that was turned to stone by cockatrice. The party cleaned the goblinoids from the temple and headed to Hagthar throw Verbobonc and the Ironwood. After almost being slaughtered to death by the undeads that roam the cursed woods they escaped and manage to survive the forest.

You can rely on this for your story:
Now they arrived to a mining hamlet, governed by dwarves. The small place houses humans, several gnomes, orcs and half-orcs as well.
They seek the temple but they know nothing about it and where it can be, but they spotted an ochre robed cleric speech in the hamlet’s main square. (You can read about it in the last two pages of the game.)
Now, you can be someone that seeks a lost love one that you suspect that were taken as a slave to the temple. You can be just a treasure hunter that seeks fortune and try to find an adventure, or you can be a suicider. You can be whoever you wish .... just post a concept and you can interact with the party memebers. Maybe you can ask the bartender about the ochre robed figures and he will point you to Lenuran (S@s’s character).

Miltiades (Voadam’s character) and Thandis (Stonegod’s character) complete the puzzle.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
All right,

I've been extremely erratic in my pbp posting for the last couple of months in contrast to my normally 1/weekday posting in the games I play in.

I expect this to continue for months as well, I've got more ongoing family medical stuff coming up that will be disruptive including a major surgery for my wife with a significant recovery period. I expect to be busy and a bit stressed taking care of wife, kid, and household plus keeping up with my normal work. I expect to not post for a while, to sometimes not want to worry about game commitments and just post randomly in general, and sometimes in contrast to really want to get away from things and be in a fun game with online friends as a recreational outlet from everything else that is going on.

So I wanted to post in and explain why I have been and expect to be erratic in posting for a while.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Code:
Name: Deimiter "Scarecrow" Witcoff
Class: Wizard (Conjurer)
Race: Human
Size: Medium
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Deity: Boccob

Str: 11 +0 (03pts.)     Level: 6        XP: 15,000
Dex: 16 +3 (08pts.)     BAB: +3         HP: 25 (6d4+6+3)
Con: 12 +1 (04pts.)     Grapple: +3     Dmg Red: none
Int: 19 +4 (13pts.)     Speed: 30'      Spell Res: 0%
Wis: 12 +1 (04pts.)     Init: +3        Spell Save: 14+spell lvl  
Cha: 10 +0 (02pts.)     ACP: -0         Spell Fail: 0%

Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total
Armor:              10    +0    +0   +3    +0    +0    +1    14
Touch: 14              Flatfooted: 11

Base   Mod  Misc  Total
Fort:                      2    +1          +3
Ref:                       2    +3          +5
Will:                      5    +1          +6

Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical  Range
Club(melee)               +3       1d6         x2      ---
Club(thrown)              +6       1d6         x2      10'
Dagger(melee)             +3       1d4      19-20x2    ---
Dagger(thrown)            +6       1d4      19-20x2    10'
Lt. crossbow(mw)          +7       1d8      19-20x2    80'

Languages: Common, Draconian, Elven, Gnomish 

Racial Abilities:
• bonus feat at first level
• +4 skill points at first level
• +1 skill points at each level after 1st
• Favored Class: Any

Class Abilities:
• Summon Familiar
• Bonus Feats: Scribe Scroll (at 1st lvl), additional feats at 5th, 10th,
 15th, and 20th level. Additional Feats must be 
chosen from metamagic feats, item creation feats, or Spell Mastery
• Spells and Spellbook

Feats:
• Simple Weapon Proficiencies: club, dagger, heavy crossbow, 
light crossbow, quarterstaff
• Scribe Scroll - bonus wizard
• Toughness - bonus human
• Spell Focus - (Conjuration) Level 1
• Augment Summoning - Level 3
• Heighten Spell - Level 5
• Maximize spell - Level 6

Spells:
Per Day-
0lvl- 5
1st-  5
2nd-  5
3rd-  4

Spellbook:(prohibited schools = Illusion and Necromancy)
0lvl- All (but illusion and necromancy)
1st lvl- comprehend languages, magic missile, shield, mage armor, sleep,
 summon monster I, mount, identify
2nd lvl- Melf's acid arrow, flaming sphere, glitterdust, summon monster II
3rd lvl- deep slumber, fireball, dispel magic, summon monster III

Skill Points: 60 (2 + INT mod/level)      Max Ranks: 9/4.5
Skills                   Ranks Mod  Misc  Total
Concentration              9   +1          +10
Knowledge(religion)        9   +4          +13
Knowledge(arcana)          8   +4          +12
Knowledge(history)         5   +4          +9
Knowledge(local)           5   +4          +9
Knowledge(planes)          5   +4          +9
Spellcraft                 5   +4    +2    +11
Decipher Script            5   +4          +9
Use Magic Device(scrolls)  0   +0    +4    +4
Gather Information         0   +0    +2    +2
Survival(other planes)     0   +1    +2    +3

Equipment:                              Cost  Weight
Traveler's outfit                       free    0lb
Club                                     ---    3lb
Dagger                                   2gp    1lb
Lt. Crossbow(masterwork)               335gp    4lb
 -Case(10 bolts)                         1gp    1lb
Backpack                                 2gp    2lb
 -trail rations(4days)                   2gp    4lb
 -waterskin                              1gp    4lb
 -spellbook                             15gp    3lb
 -candles(3)                             3cp    0lb
Bedroll                                  1sp    5lb
Scroll Case                              1gp   .5lb
 -scroll: comprehend languages          25gp    ---
Scroll Case                              1gp   .5lb
 -scroll: mount                         25gp    ---
Spell Component Pouch                    5gp    2lb
Belt Pouch                               1gp   .5lb
 -flint & steel                          1gp    ---
 -potions:cure light wounds(3)         150gp  .75lb
Metamagic Rod, extended lesser       3,000gp    5lb
Wand, magic missle(3rd)              2,250gp    ---
Wand, burning hands                    750gp    ---
Headband of intellect +2             4,000gp    ---
Ring of protection +1                2,000gp    ---               

Total Weight: 36.25lbs      Money:  32gp  8sp  7cp
                            Gems: pearls(4) 100gp each

Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift O.H./O.G. Push
Max Weight:                38    76    115       115/230   575

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 160lbs.
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Sandy Brown
Skin: tanned

[sblock=Appearance] Big nosed and big eared Deimiter is far from handsome. His hair is the color of straw and that with his long limbs gained him the nick name "Scarecrow". He wears basic clothing of a cloak, vest, shirt, and pants so as not to let the general populace know he is a wizard. He keeps his face clean shaven because the golden beard that grows on his face looks ridiculous. [/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
O.k. character is up there ^

questions are down there v

1. How do I determine hp after first lvl?
2. May I put a few other spells in my spellbook? I have right now the 3 + Int mod. I get at first lvl, and the two per lvl for every lvl after 1st. (Just want a few helpful spells.)
3. I would like for my character to be pursuing the temple followers and in my background I wish to put down that my character has an orche colored robe and a holy symbol.
4. About the pursuing I wanted to put that they attacked me and my master, stole a magic item my master was creating (a fire based item) and got away (all but one) questioned him and got the info yoou gave me and his robes. My master is to old to travel but will be "watching" and helping as he can. This is only if you o.k. it SVZ.
5. Could I have watched that priest who spoke in town from the shadows so I know what he said, Then Dei (pronounced "Die") would head to the tavren to think of a plan to capture the nasty cleric.
6. I haven't summoned a familiar will do after lvl 9 and get Improved Familiar Feat.

HM

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
I might be able to answer some of the questions for Strahd.

1) I believe it is max at 1st level, then average after that, so you would have 25 hp. (4+2+3+2+3+2 then +9 for CON and Toughness)
2) I'd think you would need to purchase any scrolls that you wanted to have in your spellbook for transcription, so you'd have more spells in your 'book, but less bling.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Thanks s@s,

1) 25 yikes! :erm: looks like my plan to fight with extend summoned monsters and flaming spheres was a good one.
2) Hey I like that, think I will use it for a House Rule myself if it's ok with SVZ. :)

thanks again

HM

Rhun

First Post
1) 25 yikes! :erm: looks like my plan to fight with extend summoned monsters and flaming spheres was a good one.

Not sure what kind of games you are used to HM, but 25 isn't bad for a 6th level wizard. I mean, even if Strahd gave us maximum hit points you'd only have 33.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases