Strahd's "RttToEE" - [OOC]

Rhun

First Post
Sorry I missed your "roll int" post SVZ. Got lost there at the bottom of the page. I think we are in trouble this time around with all the low rolls and the narrow tunnel.

Now it is time to kick some trog ass! Too bad my crit failed.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hey SVZ saw the update wanted to make sure you saw my question. I was wondering if Dei can see the caster or not.

With the thing casting Shield of Faith though I figure it will be headed to combat so guessing he will when it moves.

HM

Rhun

First Post
Hey SVZ saw the update wanted to make sure you saw my question. I was wondering if Dei can see the caster or not.

With the thing casting Shield of Faith though I figure it will be headed to combat so guessing he will when it moves.

HM

Hopefully Korbryn can break through the trog fodder soon and move further into the caverns!

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Need to get him some Protection from Fire points or something later. So Dei can fireball something like that big group, and have him come out unharmed.

HM

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Ok, i need a bit of clarification on the original character sheet that i took over.
Domains: Healing, Knowledge

Spontaneous casting 1 cure light, detect secret doors, 2 cure moderate, detect thoughts, 3 clairaudience/clairvoyance, cure serious wounds,

Spells prepared 5, 4+1, 4+1, 3+1 DC 13 + spell level

0 Cure Minor Wounds, Detect Magic, Create Water, Mending, Light
1 Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Comprehend Languages, Summon Monster I, X2, X3
2 Cure Moderate Wounds, Hold Person, Spiritual Weapon, Summon Monster II X2
3 Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, Speak With Dead, Summon Monster III X2
first, what is the spontaneous casting about? how many times a day can he cast those spells? is it like the oricale and sorcerer and their spontaneous casting?

second,

what is the x2 and x3 about at the end of the spell lists? these look to be the prepared spells.

Rhun

First Post
Ok, i need a bit of clarification on the original character sheet that i took over.
first, what is the spontaneous casting about? how many times a day can he cast those spells? is it like the oricale and sorcerer and their spontaneous casting?

Have you not ever played a cleric before? Per the SRD:

SRD said:
Spontaneous Casting
A good cleric (or a neutral cleric of a good deity) can channel stored spell energy into healing spells that the cleric did not prepare ahead of time. The cleric can "lose" any prepared spell that is not a domain spell in order to cast any cure spell of the same spell level or lower (a cure spell is any spell with "cure" in its name).

An evil cleric (or a neutral cleric of an evil deity), can’t convert prepared spells to cure spells but can convert them to inflict spells (an inflict spell is one with "inflict" in its name).

A cleric who is neither good nor evil and whose deity is neither good nor evil can convert spells to either cure spells or inflict spells (player’s choice). Once the player makes this choice, it cannot be reversed. This choice also determines whether the cleric turns or commands undead.

Now with that said, Strahd allows the spontaneous casting of any domain spells. So this is just like the standard cleric dropping of prepared spells to cast a healing spell that I reference above, but prepared spells can be dropped to cast any spells from the PC's domain lists.

There is no "number of times per day" that this can be done. As long as your PC has prepared spell slots that have not been used, he can drop those spells to spontaneously cast his domain spells.

second,

what is the x2 and x3 about at the end of the spell lists? these look to be the prepared spells.

No clue what this means in this circumstance. I mean, the prepared spells are all properly noted out. However, it doesn't look like domain spells were prepared for any of those spell levels.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Sure i have played a cleric. in 1.0, 2.0, 2.5, 3.5 and 3.37. I just saw the list had other then conjuration: healing spells and that is what threw me off. So domain is the difference here. I am trying to figure out what spell to sacrifice to keep the dwarvin division of m1a1 Abrams tanks going.

Rhun

First Post
I would recommend comprehend languages for a cure light wounds. Or you could use a charge or two from your TWO wands of cure light wounds. You've also got two 1st level Pearls of Power (and I think we have a third in undivided loot) that you can use to recall first level spells.

Remove ads