Strahd's "RttToEE" - [OOC]

Rhun

First Post
As per the IC, let me know if Korbryn kills Snearek. If so, he will use Cleave against one of the other trogs. Or possibly even cleave + attack number two, if the first attack takes the cleric out.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Holy man, the xorn, by the map is medium and I have moved out of its reach. your worry wart character is over reacting, imho

Just to make sure we are on the same page Scott.

You had just attack the xorn in melee and then the round after that you take a 5' step back and start casting your spell.

So nothing was stopping the xorn from taking a 5' step and full attacking Miltiade.

Besides the worry some small gnome protecting the larger human is good RP. ;)

HM

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
How did he know what spell was being cast? our table top game would call me meta gaming if I were to try that.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I guess a spellcraft check would have been in order to ID the spell. But I think the gnome knew you were casting something by the wiggling fingers. :p

HM

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Gnome maybe would also know a step back is normal decorum to cast a spell, for most spells. And very few spells that have been cast were full round times (one soell?).

and another thought: the little guy also should know that you have to specicly target a spell for an attack, and the Xorn has not done that tactic. I was banking on the xorn not doing that.

What I really need is a dismissal spell.

The Xorn tactic is to always chew the flesh of the nearest enemy no matter if the flesh is gnome, human or dwarf. Now the closet thing is gnome flesh but if HM did not decided to place his fragile body between the alien and the priest the Xorn would have to pick the tasty human priest.

Remove ads