[Savage Worlds] Secret License Revealed: Savage World of Solomon Kane!

BadMojo

First Post
Ragnar_Deerslayer said:
Check out the announcement at:
http://www.peginc.com

I, for one, am thrilled.

Ragnar

Wow, that's awesome. I got goosebumps when I saw that art. If that's any indication, they've definitely got the "feel" of Solomon Kane.

I don't really know much about Pinnacle or the authors involved. I'm hoping they do the material justice.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
I have the recent release of the Solomon Kane stuff (along with all the Conan ones), but a lot of the stories are well, tacky. The ones set in Africa, obviously. Hopefully they will focus on the other ones.

mhensley

First Post
Crap, I was excited for a minute. Then I realized this was for Solomon Kane by REH and not Kane by Karl Wagner. The latter I would have bought in a second. :\

Henry

Autoexreginated
Baron Opal said:
Well, wait a minute. What license is required? RE Howard died a while ago, isn't his stuff in the public domain now?

© 2006. Solomon Kane™ is a Trademark of Solomon Kane, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
© 2006. Robert E Howard™ is a Trademark of Robert E. Howard Properties, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Maybe not. :confused:

Michael Dean

Explorer
Henry said:
Maybe not. :confused:

I'm not a real lawyer yet, so take this with a salt-lick size grain of salt. Ordinarily, I think a copyright will last 70 years after the author's death. However, as Henry showed, the REH properties have a trademark. And trademarks can last indefinitely, if I'm not mistaken, as long as they are being used by the trademark holder and the fees for the correct categories are paid up, etc.

This part is just uninformed speculation on my part: I would guess you could theoretically publish old Conan stories (or Solomon Kane), you just couldn't use their names in the stories (which I presume is what is actually trademarked). I could be way off base on that though.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases