[GenCon fun] The first and maybe last D20 Clan Wars Smack Down Annual at GenCon 2002

MEG Hal

First Post
The first and maybe last D20 Clan Wars Smack Down Annual at GenCon 2002

Come watch your favorite D20 publishers battle it out in head to head action at the Gen Con Game Fair in August in the "D20 Clan Wars Smack Down" boardgame. The D20 Publishers will be using the strengths and weaknesses of each of their companies in an attempt to out play each other in a board game based on the D20 and gaming industry. The event is to happen at Gen Con, Thursday night August 8th at about 8 p.m. in the Board Game Hall which is located on the 3rd floor, Hall D. The event will be open to the public and attendees may even get to join in the fun and play their favorite publisher. Mongoose Publishing and Thunderhead Games are orchestrating the event. Expect more details to follow as the date for battle draws near.

The general idea is to start the game announcing a new d20 company and be the first to go to print with a book. Every time you land on a space that has you pick a card you will have to pick a disadvantage card and see what happens next. Each publisher is aware of this event and understands that this game is making fun of what we love to do (make d20 books), so come over and see us play and if we need to leave who knows you may be asked to take over and run your own d20 company and see if you can get your first book to print before all the others.

Publishers already confirmed for the event are:

Mongoose Publishing
Thunderhead Games
Mystic Eye Games
Bastion Press
Troll Lord Games
Green Ronin Publishing
Paradigm Concepts
Fantasy Flight Games
And More…

MEG Hal

First Post
Re: Re: [GenCon fun] The first and maybe last D20 Clan Wars Smack Down Annual at GenCon 2002

kingpaul said:
I don't suppose those of us who can't make GenCon will be able to see the board/rules?

I am hoping that we can do just that after playing, to be honest we will be "playtesting" as we go...we thought of this on the fly at Origins and Gen Con was nice enough to get us space even though the schedules are already at the printers.

Alex from Mongoose is doing the actual game, I am getting the people together etc.....

kingpaul

First Post
Re: Re: Re: [GenCon fun] The first and maybe last D20 Clan Wars Smack Down Annual at GenCon 2002

THG Hal said:
I am hoping that we can do just that after playing, to be honest we will be "playtesting" as we go...we thought of this on the fly at Origins and Gen Con was nice enough to get us space even though the schedules are already at the printers.

Alex from Mongoose is doing the actual game, I am getting the people together etc.....
That's cool. So, who's representing the FaNCC? :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases