Masterwork Potion Belt

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
KarinsDad said:
Allowing someone to pour the potion down in part of round x and in part of round x+1 would be a houserule as well.

Well, it's just an interpretation of the Start/Complete Full Round Action actions.

Strictly, nothing happens until the Complete Full Round Action action is finished. But I2k, I think, is proposing that if someone has taken the Start Full Round Action action to begin the Feed Unconscious Person a CLW Potion full round action, they are in the process of feeding that person a potion, and the person doesn't lose a hit point that round. Of course, they won't get any hit points back until the Complete Full Round Action action is taken next round (assuming nothing happens to interrupt their benefactor).

-Hyp.

Rolzup

First Post
KarinsDad said:
Do you have personal experience with this, or did you make it up?

In real life, you should never give an unconscious person anything to drink (unless maybe he is a diabetic and in need of sugar such as a soda), so I wonder where you get your information. Are you equating the risk factors of drinking while unconscious with some supposed difficulty?

There's a nice bit from one of Joel Rosenberg's "Guardians of the Flame" books, in which someone is trying to give a healing potion to an unconscious individual. He's admonished that he could choke the victim that way, and the response is, "This is a healing potion; The only way I could injure him with it is to hit him over the head with the bottle."

Which is kinda how I'd always seen it, frankly.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Rolzup said:
There's a nice bit from one of Joel Rosenberg's "Guardians of the Flame" books, in which someone is trying to give a healing potion to an unconscious individual. He's admonished that he could choke the victim that way, and the response is, "This is a healing potion; The only way I could injure him with it is to hit him over the head with the bottle."

Which is kinda how I'd always seen it, frankly.

Agreed.

"More Ultimate Equipment" by Mongoose Publishing.

Potion Belt
Holding up to 10 vials for easy access, the potion belt allows an adventurer to down vital concoctions during pitched battle. One potion may be removed and drunk from a potion belt as a free action each round.
Potion Belt: 65 gp, 1 lb.

"More Ultimate Equipment" by Mongoose Publishing.

Potion Belt
Holding up to 10 vials for easy access, the potion belt allows an adventurer to down vital concoctions during pitched battle. One potion may be removed and drunk from a potion belt as a free action each round.
Potion Belt: 65 gp, 1 lb.

Welcome to the boards!

That's one heck of a case of thread necromancy. But it is interesting to compare how 3.5 valued actions at the start of it's release to the end of it's life cycle.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases