Demons and Devils-

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Lairs for such creatures, perhaps some "blessed" weapons that demons and devils favor. Also try to give some generic flavor by having some demonic diseases and maybe some specialized curses.

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
Mok said:
As long as you *promise* not to add a single Prestige Class or Feat, I'll buy a copy.

Crothian said:
Prestige classes and feats that apply to demons and devils and the people who worship them.

Heh...I found the contrast between these two posts to be hilarious.

Seriously, what's so wrong with feats and prestige classes? You won't buy products that contain feats or prestige classes? There goes the PHB and DMG, I suppose. What's so bad about having more options to choose from? If I wanted a game that wasn't expandable, I'd play Scrabble, not D&D. Just because a feat/prestige class/spell/whatever is in a product doesn't mean you have to use it, but isn't it great having that choice??

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
There are feat. however, they relate to fiendish abilities, such as being able to naturaly *astral project.* There are no PrC so far as this is just a book about fiends and not so much the hunters.

Rules for possession are being worked out.

Specalized curses are being included - so to speak.

As for fiendish weapons and fiendish diseases, this will ne taken under advisement.

Gothmog

First Post
I LOVE using demons/devils in my games, for the simple fact that they are so alien and undeniably EVIL. However, I am growing tired of seeing endless varieties of winged/fanged/horned humanoid demons that look/act almost exactly like pit fiends and balors. A quick perusal of real-world mythology would reveal a large number of evil spirits that are begging to be written up in a game. I guess I want fewer "combat machine" demons (or demons that seem to be typical gamer fare) and more demons that are truly innovative, subtle, and insidiously evil. No more CR 15+ gigantic brutes that squash parties inside 2 rounds, but more along the lines of corruptor demons, demonically infused/possessed objects, or demons with specialized tasks for tormenting mortals.

I also think it would be cool to go into cults that worship demons, maybe including spells, rituals, feats (but not really any more PrCs), and diabolic boons gained by followers for following a demon lord (after all, there has to be some benefit if you are going to be damned, right?).

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Gothmog said:
...but more along the lines of corruptor demons, demonically infused/possessed objects, or demons with specialized tasks for tormenting mortals.
-snip-

The book will have a focus on how certian fiends use corruption. Many fiend will also have very specalized functions.

...I also think it would be cool to go into cults that worship demons
-snip-

Infernalism as a magical/religious discipline will be touched on. However, that is more the subject of another book. This one is just on fiends - not on how to worship them.

Remove ads