Is Rappan Athuk Reloaded a must buy?

JoeGKushner

First Post
It's solidly aimed at the 'return to the dungeon' crowd and is a massive dungeon stomp type of game with a lot of details about the surrounding areas and a massive dungeon.

A must buy? No. the price tag and format (no reason it had to be a boxed set), in addition to it's limited printing, will insure that it's not a must buy for everyone.

For those who enjoy the old boxed sets and want some return to the dungeon in full fledged attack mode where it's a real killer dungeon? Yeah. Those GMs will want it.

I'm something like 0889. :)

JustKim

First Post
darling.jpg

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
It was a must-buy for me.

So I did.

:)

But then, I really like dungeon crawls - including those that aren't nicely balanced for a certain PC level. This dungeon doesn't care what level your PCs are - it exists as is, and your PCs need to know when they can win and when they should run.

Great stuff.

Treebore

First Post
Necromancer fan boy here.

No, it is not a must buy.

Its a good buy, but nothing is a must buy except the Core rule books.

I'm happy with it. Happier than I am with Worlds Largest Dungeon, which I got for $45.00.

Now if they would drop the pdf prices a little more I would be even happier, even though I already got those for free as part of the pre-order. I haven't actually received the pdf's. or a notification about them, but I am assuming the GenCon release, etc... is the reason this hasn't been acted upon just yet.

Psion

Adventurer
Not required.

But cool.

RA the original became my "pickup game" dungeon crawl modules of choice. And it works very well for the "episodic foray" sort of thing. Almost the way I ran undermountain in 2e.

For ME, it was a must by. You may like it. ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases