Ptolus - Where to get?

mattcolville

Adventurer
I know the preorder program is over, but I thought the book was released. How can I buy a copy? Online, from a store, whatever. I know not to use Amazon, but Malhavoc doesn't seem to have an online store.

Blackwind

Explorer
Unfortunately I missed the preorder deadline as well, so I special-ordered it from my FLGS for $98.97. Should be coming in tomorrow, I think.

Hit your local game store!

johnnype

First Post
Yep, I bought it yesterday from my local game shop (Gamescape, San Francisco), although it cost me $120 but that includes all the extras.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
frpgames.com
stiggybaby.com

Can't go wrong with either.

If I hadn't pre-ordered it, I'd try amazon anyway. They weren't expected to get Rappan Athuk Reloaded either, but they did.

sckeener

First Post
I got mine on Saturday. I thought it wasn't going to be out for awhile.....then I was at Nan's Games and Comics in Houston and I saw 1 copy sitting on a counter. I couldn't leave the store without buying it.

I think it'll take me a few months to read it from cover to cover....and a few more months to understand the dynamics of all the 'factions'....

So far I think that it is the highest quality product I have bought in a long....long...time!

I highly recommend it. :D

Last edited:

Ottergame

First Post
Stiggybaby is selling it for $35 off retail. Now I'm not so sure if one signature and a number was worth paying $35 more for. :)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Ottergame said:
Stiggybaby is selling it for $35 off retail. Now I'm not so sure if one signature and a number was worth paying $35 more for. :)
Hard copy of Night of Dissolution, as well, which I think will retail for $15-19 in December.

And all the supplemental material in the Delver's Guild site, of course.

Ottergame

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Hard copy of Night of Dissolution, as well, which I think will retail for $15-19 in December.

And all the supplemental material in the Delver's Guild site, of course.

That assumes, of course, you're interested in such stuff. The adventure is nice, I guess, but I put it up on my shelf as soon as I removed it from the box, and it'll probley sit there gathering dust untouched till I move out and have to pack it.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Ottergame said:
That assumes, of course, you're interested in such stuff.
No, it assumes it's part of what you get for the price differential. Whether or not you're interested in it is up to you ;), but it is a different element you're not getting for the lower price. And even if you don't run the adventure, there's additional Ptolus crunch in it that all DMs may well want to use. (I cannot speculate on what someone buying it just to read will find useful, if that's even an appropriate word to use.)

Remove ads