Sneak Attack and the Master Thrower Prestige Class - Does it Work?

Hi Everyone,

I have a player looking at taking the Master Thrower prestige class from Complete Warrior and was wondering upon which special attacks the character's sneak attack would work?

Palm Shot: When using little thrown weapons (dagger, shuriken, darts etc.), a master thrower may throw two of each weapon with a single attack roll. Damage for each weapon is resolved separately, but the master thrower does not applay her strength bonus to either damage roll.

Does the sneak attack damage apply to both damage rolls or just one of them (like manyshot)?

Doubletoss: A master thrower with this ability may, as a standard action, throw two weapons at one or two targets within 30 ft. The character may apply her full strength bonus to each weapon (instead of one-half her strength bonus for the off-hand weapon). The normal penalties for fighting with two weapons apply.

Does the sneak attack damage apply to both damage rolls or just one of them?

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

moritheil

First Post
In all cases, SA applies (assuming you meet the conditions.)

Manyshot always struck me as a goofy ruling, but I guess the idea is that you can only concentrate on the exact placement of one of the arrows. In any case, sneak attack is not strength bonus, and I don't see anything in the text that invalidates sneak attack.

Prism

Explorer
I would say each palm shot counts as a volley attack and only gets one se of sneak damage since it only gets a single attack roll like many shot

Doubletoss is more like a traditional attack with two attack rolls so a sneak on each

Dross

Explorer
Prism said:
I would say each palm shot counts as a volley attack and only gets one se of sneak damage since it only gets a single attack roll like many shot

Doubletoss is more like a traditional attack with two attack rolls so a sneak on each

This is how i'd go/rule as well.

BadMojo

First Post
The CW errata indicates that palm throw is a volley attack and only one instance of precision-based damage applies to the attack roll. Bummer, too.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases