The Blue & The Grey (Blut Zucker Sex Magic)

Committed Hero

Adventurer
[This scene takes place the day after the events described in the intro to Long Shots]

For some reason or another, Adrianna is in the Bureau office quite early in the morning. She notices a woman seated elegantly in the waiting area, just before a secretary meets Adrianna in the entrance. It looks like they are the only ones here with you. The secretary nods in relief and speaks to you urgently while keeping her voice out of the stranger's earshot.

"Ms. Shannan? I have a big favor to ask. This woman wants to see Agent Dales - she asked for him by name - but I don't think he's coming in until late in the morning. Do you mind speaking with her?"

kirinke

First Post
"Sure," Adrianna replies and walks over to the woman. "Hello. I'm Agent Shannan. I'm very sorry, but Agent Dales won't be in until later on this morning. Perhaps I can help you with your problem?" She asked politely and pulled up a seat and sat down.

Committed Hero

Adventurer
She takes your hand in her surprisingly strong grip. Her hair is pale blond, and her complexion even lighter than yours. With an appraising eye you notice she is well dressed under her trench coat; her clothes are not ostentatious, but certainly expensive.

"Katrina Renaux."

With her other hand, she gives you a Swiss passport. You quickly notice it seems to contain accurate information. Latest entry is a stamp from the airport less than two hours ago - she must have come straight to the office.

"Hopefully this provides an acceptable alibi. I'd like to report a theft that should have occurred approximately eight hours ago."

kirinke

First Post
"Should have occured?" Shannan looked puzzled. "Miss Renaux, I think we should probably speak in private and you can tell your story." she glanced pointedly at the secretary.

Committed Hero

Adventurer
Smiling, the secretary leaves for the rear of the office.

"I'm sorry for being cryptic, but I doubt anyone will discover the theft until the bank opens at nine."

kirinke

First Post
"Which bank and what was stolen and how did you come by this information?" Adrianna asked, getting out a rather worn and dogeared notebook and a pen from her purse.

Committed Hero

Adventurer
"It's the Colonial Bank in Pasadena. I have reason to suspect that someone wishes to obtain several valuable manuscripts from the vault. You can call it an educated guess, but last night would have been the ideal time to strike. I really think a trip to the bank might make my story a bit more believable."

If you make a DC19 Sense Motive check, [sblock]She sounds sincere, at least.[/sblock]

kirinke

First Post
ooc:
Is this bank in Pasadena near where Adrianna works?

"Alright, you're coming with me and be prepared. I'm going to ask alot of questions," Adrianna said with a wry grin.

Committed Hero

Adventurer
The bank is about 20 minutes away from the FBI office. The two of you drive there mostly in silence, although she answers most of your questions in a bland fashion. She is Swiss, but has visited LA several times since the war. She does defer any specific questions about the theft, saying only that explanations will make sense after you get there.

You arrive about ten minutes before the bank opens. A manager is in the process of unlocking the doors.

kirinke

First Post
Adrianna goes up to the manager and explains the situation as well as flashing her badge.
"Sorry sir, but I believe that a crime has been committed here, in your bank. I'm going to need to see the saftey deposit vault (And whichever deposit box that the girl indicated)

Remove ads