The Invasion of Mori OOC [3.5][planar][PAUSED]

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Moritheil:
I was thinking about taking the leadership feat in order to have a Medusa cohort (ECL 10), my basic idea is that the Medusa is someone Zox Pox has befriended during one of his visit to the Prime, they often work together with the Medusa allowing Zox Pox to possess her.

Basically I like this idea as this would allow Zox Pox to possess and animate anyone the Medusa has turned to stone, giving him a near infinite supply of bodies with which to wreak havoc.

Also imagine the horror as loved ones face the choice of having to destroy the pertified remains of those they care for, (thus removing any chance of them being restored) or allowing the stony bodies of their loved ones to commit heinious crimes.

moritheil

First Post
Those of you posting preliminary sheets, please err on the side of more detail, not less, as there is a chance that I will not possess whatever splatbook you take a PrC out of. I will have a gallery thread up soon for your finalized characters.

Lord Raven - Looks good. I especially like how you listed all your special abilities on the sheet itself. I do not normally allow cursed items, but then, this is a fiendish invasion, so why not?

RBG - Both races you mention are acceptable, though of course you'll have to explain why the necropolitan is throwing its lot in with fiends. I'm not a big fan of action points, though I will allow Rapid Spell to treat a 1 minute casting time as 10 rounds, which should take care of your casting time concerns. Be aware that events will progress continually, so you are best off finding some way to have a dedicated wright or other servant do your crafting for you.

I have no plans to allow LA buyoff - as mentioned previously, power should not be an issue for encounters of reasonable EL (Spellcraft and Knowledge checks will tell you when you are out of your depth, which should not occur often.) While I'm at it, I should mention that I give uniform XP (though this should be a nonissue.)

Bloodweaver1

First Post
I am thinking of a Shifter (eberron) barbarian / fighter / Shifter PrC/ Bear Warrior PrC/ War Shaper PrC. I am trying to create a build that would matchs a mind-controled-rampaging-shapshifter that instantly goes into a rage upon pain/anger and cannont willfully end his rage. Question: Are we allowed to takes character Flaws in return for feats as detailed in the Unearthed Arcana? Just incase you were not aware, characters are allowed to take up to two flaws in return for one extra bonus feat per flaw at character generation only.

Thanks

-Blood

moritheil

First Post
Incidentally, everyone - please do not split the party up. I have DMmed large campaigns before, and splitting the party up is a nightmare. Sending someone ahead to scout a place the entire party is going to is fine; attempting to do three simultaneous assaults on three different bases while a fourth person tries to talk to an important NPC in a distant city is not. (If any such instances arise, it will be assumed that other NPCs on your side are handling them, and that the party is at one and only one of the events.)

Bloodweaver - sounds like quite the combat monster. I have nothing against such builds, but I should warn you that for this campaign there exists the possibility that someone who cannot control their rages will prove to be a distinct liability for their compatriots (for example, if you go berserk when wounded by a guard while trying to sneak into a castle, or if some noble asks you for a demonstration bout to prove your skill and you rip his head off after he wounds you.) I don't normally allow flaws, but I am open-minded, so you'll have to convince me that flaws will improve the interaction potential of your character.

Also, if I read correctly, you are the 11th person to post here, and thus you would be the first alt unless one of the ten who posted before you does not want to play. (Don't despair, though - statistically speaking, it is a distinct possibility.)

Question - I assume since your shield is animated that you're not attempting to go for the questionable version of Uncanny Blow. Good stuff.

Lord Raven - sounds cheesy but looks legal. Prepare for general outrage resulting in elimination squads (not that the mortals aren't trying to eliminate you all anyway. ;) )

Question

First Post
Interesting.....i just noticed the main site is down ut all the char sheets are still visible. Nice.

The idea that you can gain 2x str bonus and have the power attack feat treat it as 2 handed while wielding it in only one hand with a shield is pure lunacy. Its clearly the result of an imprecise wording on WOTC's part. This is the same idea as "If you are under the effects of otto's irrestible dance, you can take no actions, INCLUDING BREATHING."

Edit : What is your opinion on stacking multiple magical effects on an item? A ring with multiple AC bonuses for example?

Edit 2 : Raven, do you mean to say that your quasit using the fiend of possession class abilities can possess a petrified person then animate it?

Last edited:

moritheil

First Post
Just wanted to be sure we were on the same page with regard to that. ;)

The gallery thread is up, and we are up and running!

With regard to multiple bonuses or effects from an item, IIRC the creation rules state that one of the bonuses is considered the "main bonus" and the others are multiplied by 1.5 (it says "unrelated bonuses," but a strict interpretation would then mean that they did not address related bonuses at all.)

Loosely speaking, the Fiend of Possession possesses objects. As a petrified person is neither alive nor dead, it is an object. (Note that I'm sure there is some way to use that wording to come to an odd conclusion; it is not meant to be a definitive declaration, but rather an explanation of the concept behind possessing a petrified humanoid.)

Last edited:

moritheil

First Post
Question, I just noticed that you claimed 8+intmod skill points for your construct HD (if that's not what's going on, please explain how you got 11 skill points/level with a +3 intmod.)

srd said:
Skill points equal to (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die, if the construct has an Intelligence score.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
I've amended Zox Pox's character sheet to include a lot more info regarding the Fiend of Possession special abilities, since you don't have access to the Fiend Folio.

Regarding the cheesy Medusa cohort, I'll have a think about it and try to decide what will work best with Zox Pox.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases