The Invasion of Mori OOC [3.5][planar][PAUSED]

moritheil

First Post
Question - Yes, I'm fine with that (bracers of continual true strike, permanent mage armor that costs less than equivalent bracers of armor, or any other such weirdness will still be disallowed, though.)

LR - Thanks for the added detail.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
moritheil said:
Question - Yes, I'm fine with that (bracers of continual true strike, permanent mage armor that costs less than equivalent bracers of armor, or any other such weirdness will still be disallowed, though.)

LR - Thanks for the added detail.
I've posted Zox Pox in the RG

Moritheil said:
Loosely speaking, the Fiend of Possession possesses objects. As a petrified person is neither alive nor dead, it is an object. (Note that I'm sure there is some way to use that wording to come to an odd conclusion; it is not meant to be a definitive declaration, but rather an explanation of the concept behind possessing a petrified humanoid.)
Question said:
Edit 2 : Raven, do you mean to say that your Quasit using the fiend of possession class abilities can possess a petrified person then animate it?
Yes! based on Moritheil ruling (which makes sense to me) if I had a Medusa cohort petrify someone, I could then possess and animate them.

Saying this, it shouldn't be too game breaking, after all they will only be a medium sized animated object, which is nothing to write home about. Zox Pox would mainly use this tactic because of the psychological effect it would have on others.

The real fun will come if Zox Pox gets a chance to possess a Colossal sized statue, now that would be fun to rampage thru a city with. :)

reel_big_gish

First Post
My character sheet is up. The mechanics should be good, but the background is rough. I'll fill it out later. I just wanted to get the crunchy bits up for your review.

moritheil

First Post
RBG - Looks okay. If your character serves Orcus, then for some reason you've been seconded to this relatively minor and obscure demon lord for the invasion. (Alternatively, replace Orcus. It might matter in terms of how others react to you.)

For items that are not straightforward (such as cannith goggles,) I prefer a brief note on what they do (I remember they grant +5 competence bonuses, but isn't there a secondary function?) This makes the sheet easier to read at a glance.

NS - If it seems plausible, sure.

With regard to who is playing, the original ten posters have precedence; if they don't post character sheets relatively soon, I'll be taking people from the alt list (the next three after the first ten; you're second on that list.)

Last edited:

reel_big_gish

First Post
I chose Orcus because of his relationship with undeath.

That can be changed. What's the name of this new demon lord, and is his portfolio?

I'm looking for a demonic lord who enjoys bringing unending pain and fear to mortals, accepting dark sacrifices, taking long walks on the beach, and holding doors open for me ;)

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Preliminary sheet for Loriel, the succubus assassin has been posted.

Between teleporting, invisibility, ethereal jaunting, and shapeshifting...succubi make -great- asassins. I almost went Blackguard for the huge save boost...but HP are just too hard to come by with a +6 LA to make a straight up frontliner.

Open to thoughts/comments/suggestions!

moritheil

First Post
LR - Begin whenever you are ready. Though, as others have pointed out, you may want to wait until character sheets are finalized to detail your interaction with others.

RBG - As stated, either way you want to handle it is fine. I decided to use a nondescript demon lord (details have been updated in the first post,) as there are certain logistics issues that will arise during the campaign that would not be major issues for one of the big three demon princes. (Orcus or any of the other princes can probably lose thousands of demons and undead in an invasion attempt, shrug, and say "So what? Try again." A minor demon lord without the ability to call himself a prince cannot afford to expend his forces so readily.)

Remove ads