The Invasion of Mori OOC [3.5][planar][PAUSED]

moritheil

First Post
Well, I had thought that this encounter would have played out a little differently. It was originally going to be two monsters, but I worried that that might be a bit much. I see now that I had little to worry about. The need to make caster level checks was a tough part of it, though I expected the diviner to use some spells to scout. Of course, the diviner decided that sending two scouts was enough :p Players never really behave the way you expect them to!

moritheil

First Post
Bookkeeping

There have been a total of two XP awards and three treasure awards thus far in this campaign. Obviously, characters do not get the benefits of events they were not a part of.

XP
1. 3120 XP to each person for defeating kobolds and for RP.
2. 4000 XP for defeating the trap and the thought slayer, and for RP.

Treasure
1. A few +1 weapons and potions that only Arxas took much interest in. (Weapons now wielded by Arxas's animated undead, which were left to guard the Lair of Shadows.)
2. One magic potion. (In Silhouette's hands)
3. Six gems totaling around 24,000 gp in value, plus a ring and some mundane weaponry from kobold guards. (In Snargle's bag)
4. A wand (in Kaelvorr's possession)
5. All of Loriel's equipment except for her weapon (nobody claimed it; Roillard's cultists snatched it up. The weapon was stolen by the kobolds when they left and may yet be recovered.)

Plot Items
1. A ledger left by a dead adventurer.

Unsolved Questions (well, some of them)
1. Who are Derwydden's main enemies in the abyssal realms? Who is attacking?
2. How was the portal created, and how is it maintained?
3. What are the biggest threats to the portal?
4. Without another army, how will the abyssal forces challenge the defenders of this plane?
5. Why did Roillard go from looking impossibly weary to looking energetic? (This happened some time back, and nobody commented on it.)

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Yargle...we didn't get Loriel's loot? Dang. That was kind of during that big shuffle where people left and came back in...I guess we sort of glossed over stuff.

Shucks.

Okay...as for exp, did we start the game at the bottom of ECL 14? Or did we start with any exp over the minimum? Similarly, when death drops you a level, do you go clear back to the minimum for that level, or halfway back?

And do I get exp for a combat where I died instantly on stepping out of a tunnel? :) Oh, and does Sil get the exp that Loriel earned before she died? Hee.

Thanks.

moritheil

First Post
Well, technically Roillard or his underlings have the loot. If you don't want him to use it for operating expenses, I suppose you could steal it back.

Everyone started at ECL 14 flat xp. For deaths, I'd like to say halfway back, not a full level down, since it's pretty hard to avoid dying to fair challenges in a huge group (the hit points are spread out amongst more people, meaning that individual characters die with greater frequency.)

Silhouette gets the XP that Loriel earned, as promised.

Shayuri

First Post
Thankee!

Er. *embarrassed* Could someone post a link to the rogue's gallery? I seem to have...er...misplaced the sheet I had on my local comp. *buries head in hands*

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases